grey cup/ super bowl

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

mightybuck
Legend

Grey Cup 25-14

super bowl
29-17
Last edited by mightybuck on Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
Tighthead
Legend

Didn't Wayne catch a deep TD in the first quarter?
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Peyton Manning got a brand new red Cadillac for his Super Bowl MVP performance (which I felt Rhodes deserved more) while Dickenson did not receive a new vehicle for his Grey Cup MVP performance. :bang:
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Robbie wrote:Peyton Manning got a brand new red Cadillac for his Super Bowl MVP performance (which I felt Rhodes deserved more) while Dickenson did not receive a new vehicle for his Grey Cup MVP performance. :bang:
so what, the NFL has way more money and sponsors.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
lion24
Legend

the two teams and both championship games show similarities as the lions and colts had won many regular season games but finally came through to win their championship games. the colts dominated the game but let the bears stick around a bit as the lions did with the alouettes, and the qb's were able to win their first championships(first as a starter for dd,he won as a backup with the stamps). the difference is that manning is apparently a "world champion" and dickenson a grey cup champion? this has always bugged me a bit!!
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Rammer
Team Captain

mightybuck wrote:Grey Cup 25-14

super bowl
29-17
Difference being that the Lions costed out the GC game, and the Colts coasted out the fourth quarter only. I think that there was a study done on the points scored in the CFL vs the NFL recently and they were more in line with little punt returns for the CFL for this past season, so the scores being similar should not be a surprise.

One thing for sure, is that neither of BC's QB's would have tossed up the jump ball throws for INT's that cost the Bears the game.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote: the difference is that manning is apparently a "world champion" and dickenson a grey cup champion? this has always bugged me a bit!!
That bugs me too but that is so typical. They love to proclaim themselves as "World Champions" in football and baseball. I'm surprised that the NBA hasn't proclaim their champions as "World Champions" but it's just a matter of time.
Ravi
Legend

There weren't anywhere near as many turnovers in the Grey Cup as there were in the Super Bowl. Yes, I know that it was raining in Miami but still ... these great NFLers were fumbling the ball all over the place as well as throwing up boneheaded interceptions and these couldn't all be attributed to the weather. There were also a lot more empty seats at the Super Bowl (at least in the second half anyway) than there were at the Grey Cup too.
CB123
Legend

the game today was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. probably cuz I didnt even care about either team (i wanted the Saints to take it). Im happy for Manning though, but it was a boring game, and Grossman was horrible.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Don Miller
Legend

:thdn: Once again the Super Bowl did not live up to its hype. If Chicago had any kind of quarterbacking they could have won the game. Their defence played tough. Manning should not have got the MVP..Rhodes or Addai.. typical US media. I am a football fan true and true but give me the Grey Cup any day over the Super Bowl. Grossman was absolutely terrible. I don't understand why Griese didn't even get a chance to move the team. Grossman looked like Paul Brothers!
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
nelson95
Legend

Was looking like a classic then died a slow death

Yawner
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Don Miller wrote:Manning should not have got the MVP..Rhodes or Addai.. typical US media.
Well, in that sense it was similar to the Grey Cup too as it was also debated whether Dickenson should have been selected GC MVP. The text messaging votes must have really influenced the end result for Manning as MVP. He probably got a lot of sympathy votes from fans who really wanted him to win a Super Bowl.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Don Miller wrote: Grossman looked like Paul Brothers!
And that says alot ! Super Bowls are all hype. Seldom lives up to the hype. I'll take the Grey Cup game any day, anywhere.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Quarterbacks have been named MVP in 21 of 41 Super Bowls and in 12 of 16 Grey Cups since the current MVP format was adopted in 1991.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:Peyton Manning got a brand new red Cadillac for his Super Bowl MVP performance (which I felt Rhodes deserved more) while Dickenson did not receive a new vehicle for his Grey Cup MVP performance. :bang:
GC MVP's used to receive a car........but, IIRC from something I recently read, when Doug Flutie (GC MVP) turned around during the presentation and handed the keys to Paul Masotti........well, lets just say the car manufacturer/sponsor was NOT impressed.........and they discontinued it.
Lloyd