Riders release OL Andrew Greene

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

squishy35
Legend

With the potential of losing the likes of Murphy to the NFL, Greene may be worth a look in orange. :yes:

It seems that the Riders are still dumping salaries to accomodate the cap.

Link Here:
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

No. We don't need the Rider's 38 year old cast-offs.
Rammer
Team Captain

His age is giong to limit him getting picked up. He also has shown some decline in the past two seasons.
Entertainment value = an all time low
OV - 54:40
Champion

IF - the guy is still pretty healthy / ready to play - he'd be a good pick-up for some CFL team - somebody in need of an upgrade at guard who could stand even a one year shot to help out there - maybe a team with a good chance to add vets for a run at a GC repeat shot. :sleep:
Rammer
Team Captain

OV - 54:40 wrote:IF - the guy is still pretty healthy / ready to play - he'd be a good pick-up for some CFL team - somebody in need of an upgrade at guard who could stand even a one year shot to help out there - maybe a team with a good chance to add vets for a run at a GC repeat shot. :sleep:
More likely a desperate Argos team needing to have some NI talent.
OV - 54:40
Champion

Yeah - the Argos might be good candiates - they should be desperate for O-line help period IMO; but as far as the NI/import aspect of their O-line - veteran NIs StJohn and Folk might be considered average to solid; the 3 imports the Argos employ on the O-line would be average at best to more like mediocre as CFL O-linemen. Room for upgrades all around on that line.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

squishy35 wrote:With the potential of losing the likes of Murphy to the NFL, Greene may be worth a look in orange.
Depends what you mean by "orange". Orange jersey? Perhaps. Skin tight orange pants, however, should NEVER be worn by 320 pound men, regardless of circumstances. :wink: (Did I mention that I don't really dig the orange pant part of our road look?)
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionut wrote:
squishy35 wrote:With the potential of losing the likes of Murphy to the NFL, Greene may be worth a look in orange.
Depends what you mean by "orange". Orange jersey? Perhaps. Skin tight orange pants, however, should NEVER be worn by 320 pound men, regardless of circumstances. :wink: (Did I mention that I don't really dig the orange pant part of our road look?)
More concerning is the amount of times you have stated that Lionut. :fishing: :tease:
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:More concerning is the amount of times you have stated that Lionut. :fishing: :tease:
You may be confusing me with David Holmes, who has the same beef. Then again, maybe that says something about both David and I... :shock: :lol:
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."