Danny Barrett - Winnipeg Bound ?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Heard on 1040 this afternoon that Danny Barrett is being interviewed for the Offensive Coordinator position with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
DerekDD
Starter

:lol: :lol: Winnipeg can have him as their OC. Did you happen to notice how unimaginative and lacklustre the Riders passing game has been since Barrett was here? Major disappointment of his tenure in Rider Nation, that the passing game and point production was just so mediocre and predicatable.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Winnipeg can have him as their OC. Did you happen to notice how unimaginative and lacklustre the Riders passing game has been since Barrett was here?
Uh, yes, we noticed. :lol:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

DerekDD wrote: Did you happen to notice how unimaginative and lacklustre the Riders passing game has been since Barrett was here?
Enough to beat the Lions 3 times last season.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
DerekDD wrote: Did you happen to notice how unimaginative and lacklustre the Riders passing game has been since Barrett was here?
Enough to beat the Lions 3 times last season.
Meh. Lions beat themselves in 2 games. DD played in a fog in one, and we still ended up tied.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Heard on 1040 this afternoon that Danny Barrett is being interviewed for the Offensive Coordinator position with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Where are the swear word icons when you really need them?
Rammer
Team Captain

Blue In BC wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Heard on 1040 this afternoon that Danny Barrett is being interviewed for the Offensive Coordinator position with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Interviewing and actually getting the OC job are two very different things. He may be better as an OC with a hard nosed HC making him accountable, as well. You could do worse, at least DB has a good grasp of the CFL, and he may even bring in a couple of players to the organization.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Blue In BC wrote:

Interviewing and actually getting the OC job are two very different things. He may be better as an OC with a hard nosed HC making him accountable, as well. You could do worse, at least DB has a good grasp of the CFL, and he may even bring in a couple of players to the organization.
Or he's Joe Paopao with a better roster than Joe had to work with during his career. As much as I like # 1 C Roberts, I don't think I want to see him run the ball 400 times in 2007.

OTOH, maybe he brings in 4 or 5 of the better Rider FA's and then we can his butt.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:
Winnipeg can have him as their OC. Did you happen to notice how unimaginative and lacklustre the Riders passing game has been since Barrett was here?
Did you happen to notice how imaginative and inspiring the Riders running game has been since Barrett was in Regina? BC could use some of that.

Oh yeah, Kerry Joseph just didn't live up to his billing last season so that might explain the passing game.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Actually......since Condell took over from Bellefuille, i thought the Riders offence was a lot more imaginative......ie.......the quick hand off (or fake of) to Armstead racing parallel to the LOS between the QB and the RB........it's not something that I see other teams use.
Lloyd
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:
Did you happen to notice how imaginative and inspiring the Riders running game has been since Barrett was in Regina? BC could use some of that.

Oh yeah, Kerry Joseph just didn't live up to his billing last season so that might explain the passing game.
Actually you are right there. The ole Rider running attack was very imaginative when it counted last year in the WDF.

Riders
Joseph 46
Keith 19

Total = 65

Lions

Smith 116
DD 45
Jackson 8
Simon 2

Total = 171

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I'll stick with what we have thx.

As for KJ having an off year. Uh, no, he is just a mediocre QB, and that's how he played all year.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Granted BC has a better team than the Riders so I'd expect the Lions to be better in all offensive categories.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Lions would have even been better on the ground with a more imaginative running game. This is one aspect of the Lions offence I think they need to improve on!

I think we are too quick at times not to give credit to the quality of coaches we have in the CFL including Danny Barrett and Joe Paopao. These are both quality football coaches and possibly even better people. You don't find the ex-players calling these guys down like you do the fans. Tough fans in the CFL.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

There is no doubt in my mind that the Lions would have even been better on the ground with a more imaginative running game. This is one aspect of the Lions offence I think they need to improve on!
What's this got to do with Barrett; the subject of the thread?
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:
I'd say about the same as your post just above it.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:
I'd say about the same as your post just above it.
Take another read.