Clermont

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:Clermont was suppose to set up his realty business in Saskatoon correct?

Then his site is now suggesting that he is the source for Regina reality.....????

http://www.jasonclermont.com/
Good for Jason and best of luck with his business. Certainly provides a major reason of why it would be in his best interests to be traded to the Riders.

Pretty hard selling homes in Regina when you're spending seven months of the year in Vancouver.
Rammer
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:
Rammer wrote:Clermont was suppose to set up his realty business in Saskatoon correct?

Then his site is now suggesting that he is the source for Regina reality.....????

http://www.jasonclermont.com/
Good for Jason and best of luck with his business. Certainly provides a major reason of why it would be in his best interests to be traded to the Riders.

Pretty hard selling homes in Regina when you're spending seven months of the year in Vancouver.
And a Lion to boot. Becoming a Rider just fits too well for it not to come about.
Entertainment value = an all time low
LFITQ
Team Captain

That's it I'm done.

No more am I gonna "pick a favourite Lion".

I've been a huge Clermont fan since he came into the league. Heck my 50th jersey has his name and number on it. My collection of paraphernalia has quite a bit of his stuff, autographs, photos, etc...

I also have a large collection of Barrin Simpson paraphernalia too, and we all know where he went.

I was trying to decide what number to put on my current jersey and I think I'm just gonna leave it blank.

Dante Marsh - now that's a player!! (just for you Yank!;))
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:That's it I'm done.

I've been a huge Clermont fan since he came into the league. Heck my 50th jersey has his name and number on it. My collection of paraphernalia has quite a bit of his stuff, autographs, photos, etc...

I also have a large collection of Barrin Simpson paraphernalia too, and we all know where he went.

I was trying to decide what number to put on my current jersey and I think I'm just gonna leave it blank.

I knew that there was going to be someone to blame, thanks for putting the target on your back....;)
LFITQ
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:

I knew that there was going to be someone to blame, thanks for putting the target on your back....;)
Yep, Just like I blame you for Casey's departure ... ;)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
maddeep73
Champion

Colon, Jackson and Boden and Fantuz? I'd take that....we'd be set for years with that lineup.
Would we though? Lots of potential there, but star quality?

Traditionally, what wins in the CFL? Canadian talent and depth.

I say a long term deal with Clermont is a must and all of this is simple negotiation. If the money was right, he would stay here for 2 or 3 years more, then go to Sasky to finish his career with a second rate 8 and 8 team.
Keepin' it real
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

maddeep73 wrote:
Colon, Jackson and Boden and Fantuz? I'd take that....we'd be set for years with that lineup.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Colon, Jackson, Boden and Fantuz ARE Canadian. If you've seen Jackson and Boden play, they have tremendous star potential. I highly doubt that the Riders would give up Fantuz, but they WILL have to give up a lot to get JC, IMHO.
Real women wear orange!!
squishy35
Legend

LFITQ wrote:
Rammer wrote:

That was Rammers fault????? Grrrrrr :x .
Rammer
Team Captain

squishy35 wrote:
LFITQ wrote:
Rammer wrote:

That was Rammers fault????? Grrrrrr :x .
I am still in wait for the reasoning behind that one myself....lol
maddeep73
Champion

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Colon, Jackson, Boden and Fantuz ARE Canadian. If you've seen Jackson and Boden play, they have tremendous star potential. I highly doubt that the Riders would give up Fantuz, but they WILL have to give up a lot to get JC, IMHO.

I said Canadian TALENT. Colon, Fantuz and Bodon are totally unproven commodities. Jackson is not a star. He may be one day, but had tons of opportunity last year to shine and was spotty at best.

Clermont is worth Colon, Fantuz and Boden combined.
Keepin' it real
Rick James
Legend

:whs:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

People shouldn't forget that Fantuz is a Saskatchewan boy. If the Lions are fortunate enough to acquire him, we may be faced with the same scenario in the future.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

maddeep73 wrote:I said Canadian TALENT. Colon, Fantuz and Bodon are totally unproven commodities. Jackson is not a star. He may be one day, but had tons of opportunity last year to shine and was spotty at best.

Clermont is worth Colon, Fantuz and Boden combined.
Whoaaaah...relax dude. You didn't emphasize the word talent at first. What you wrote could have been read as if the emphasis was on the fact that there wasn't CANADIAN talent, not Canadian TALENT. You weren't clear. All players were unproven commodities at one point, I'm sure, and if JC wants to test the waters back in his home town, I wish him all the best! :thup:
Real women wear orange!!
Lionut
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:People shouldn't forget that Fantuz is a Saskatchewan boy.
Really? His bio says he was born in Chatham, Ontario, and he went to the University of Western Ontario for four years. That's an awfully long way from Regina, unless he spent some of his childhood there...
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
maddeep73
Champion

if JC wants to test the waters back in his home town, I wish him all the best!
And I begrudge him and want him back deperately. Colon, Fantuz, Jackson, Fernadez, Da. Flutie, Owens or Rice would be no consolation. Give me 82 anyday.
Keepin' it real