Playoff Situation

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Will the Lions win friday, and saskatchewan lose monday?

yes, 1st place will be clinched
86%
no, we'll lose and saskatchewan will win cuz BC sucks
14%

Total votes: 29
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

From my calculations, if we win tomorrow, then we clinch 2nd as Calgary could at best tie us, but we'd be at least 2-1 against them...(assuming they then win next week)

Sask could tie us even if we win, but then since Calgary was 2-1 vs Sask, they'd get 2nd place at worst, and Sask would get third (or edm).

So, unless I screwed up somewhere, a win Tomorrow would clinch 2nd and a win+sask loss=1st
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Rammer
Team Captain

You screwed up, the Riders have our number in the tie breaker, so each of the three teams with this potential scenario would be at the mercy of the leagues descretion on the order of finish, if all end with an 11 - 7 record. It isn't going to happen, but until it is clarified, we will have to include it as a possibility.
Entertainment value = an all time low
hwgill
Legend

I don't like the options.

I want to see Sask win, and Toronto win. That keeps EE in the basement, right where they should be. The Riders have beaten us each time we've played them...next time, it's our turn!!
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
bc49
Hall of Famer

Jay didn't screw up.
A Lions win on Friday and a Riders loss on Monday = first place Lions.

A win Friday would give the Leos 22 pts with 3 games remaining.
Calgary would have 18 pts and 2 games remaining.
Even if the Leos lose all 3 remaining and the Stamps win their 2 remaining the best they can do is tie the Leos for first. We get the tie breaker.

If Sask loses to the Als on Thanksgiving they would have 14 pts with 3 games remaining. No matter how you slice it an 8 point deficit can't be made up with 3 games.
Dan Russell
Legend

Let's just let the Lions win first and then we will see where the chips fall.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

It was me who picked option 2.

Not a great question I'd say.

Either way, these playoffs will kick ass.
Rammer
Team Captain

bc49 wrote:Jay didn't screw up.

Even if the Leos lose all 3 remaining and the Stamps win their 2 remaining the best they can do is tie the Leos for first. We get the tie breaker.

If Sask loses to the Als on Thanksgiving they would have 14 pts with 3 games remaining. No matter how you slice it an 8 point deficit can't be made up with 3 games.
Since his poll leaves out all posssible potential scenarios (ie a three way tie at 11 - 7), and he stated "unless I screwed up", the tie format had to be pointed out.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:
bc49 wrote:Jay didn't screw up.

Since his poll leaves out all posssible potential scenarios (ie a three way tie at 11 - 7), and he stated "unless I screwed up", the tie format had to be pointed out.
It's Friday ... Casual Fridays. There are no ties on Fridays. Monday - thursday yep I wear a tie ... Friday - it's BC Lions Polo and jeans at work ... No ties ...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
bc49
Hall of Famer

:bang: :bang: :bang:
I hate Rammer's tie format.
:rockin:
bbgirl
Legend

All this talk about potential scenarios makes my brain hurt. Image
Arny
Champion

Not this again. :no: :roar:
Rammer
Team Captain

bc49 wrote::bang: :bang: :bang:
I hate Rammer's tie format.
:rockin:
We will know better this weekend if that tie gets trown out of the way. It is also not likely to happen, the percentages have to be less than 5%, but it is still there as of now.

I also didn't put in the actual possibility of ties happening down the stretch impacting the final standings as there hasn't been one this season or last....but they are still a potential option.
Nat
Rookie

Both will win.
Dan Russell
Legend

Half way their this week to clinch 1st, now just a saskatchewan loss.
jim604
All Star

Dan Russell wrote:Half way their this week to clinch 1st, now just a saskatchewan loss.
yup. now if only montreal can beat em. i wont count on it.. two games in a row against the al's, then @ toronto, with their final week in edmonton.

come on al's...win for a change this week... please :)