N O I S E

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Will the Sept 16th game top 33,589 fans?

YES
88%
NO
12%

Total votes: 34
bc49
Hall of Famer

The last Lions home game saw the largest attendance of the season with 33,589 spectators.

Who thinks the upcoming home game vs the Als will top this?
And likewise, who thinks it won't.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

shh, dont tell anybody, but I might even be at that game.

Either that and\or the winnipeg one.

I will be the one surrounded by the worlds best wife, kids, and inlaws. :yes:

after reviewing last yrs attendance figures, I am guess YES, unless the lions really bomb this weekend.
Last edited by KnowItAll on Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I fer sure think it will! With all those fish-juice drinkin' refugees on parole from the Island, with the promise of a relatively free trip home, I think it will be a great turnout. Then there will be those who must satisfy their football jones after a long month away! I hazard 34K+ 8)
Real women wear orange!!
squishy35
Legend

Hey, I have tix to that game :rockin: .

Is there gonna be a TG'er? 'Cause I WILL be there. :beer:
120dB
Legend

Why the referal to NOISE? Everyone here criticizes me for my sign, so what make anyone think 33,000 will make NOISE? All I've seen so far is not much enthusiasm about football in this town.
O'Shea

bc49 wrote:The last Lions home game saw the largest attendance of the season with 33,589 spectators.

Who thinks the upcoming home game vs the Als will top this?
I do I do! :yes: IIRC 34, 239 is my guess for the 16th :cr:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Will depend on how the Lions play this Friday.
Balraj
All Star

Will depend on how the Lions play this Friday.
Yup, It'll all depend on how they play and if they win.
Arny
Champion

I voted no, but, I'm always happy to be wrong.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

The long layoff between home games will quell any immediate enthusiasm from the last home win, however, the fact there won't be another home game for 3 weeks (1 home game between Aug 19-Oct 5) may draw a larger crowd than may be expected.
bc49
Hall of Famer

Never under estimate the drawing power of free poms poms to the first 20,000 fans. That's right. Poms poms. Free.

And 120db I titled this thread 'NOISE' in honour of you and your past dedication to the team.
smphantom
Legend

bc49 wrote:Never under estimate the drawing power of free poms poms to the first 20,000 fans. That's right. Poms poms. Free.
Oh no. Does that mean that I have to risk my life in the Ballistic Wagon again, racing to the stadium (as we did last game for backpacks), just so Bob can get his free pom poms? :sigh: :wink:
Stay thirsty my friends.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I think the Montreal game is an infomercial for the Sept 16th game. We get two weeks to get ready. I'm a Vancouver-born Lions fan and the way this Lions team is looking...get ready for that bandwagon to get filled. Besides the Canucks are still not playing, so yes big crowd and lots of noise.
bc49
Hall of Famer

I am not so sure a loss in Montreal on Friday would have dire consequences for the attendance at the Sept 16th game.
Sure the win streak being halted may have a few bandwagon personel hitting the dusty road but the revenge factor could come into play depending on what happens in the first game. Also lets not forget the Lions are in the thick of a tense battle in the West Division. And of course the free poms poms to the first 20k fans!

For what it is worth, Ticketmaster is selling Upper Deck seating for pairs and higher in 4 of the 5 pricing categories. I am not sure if this is do to the lower bowl being full or a new effort to fill the top deck. Historically the upper deck seats have always been listed after the bottom bowl has been sold.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

free poms poms to the first 20k fans!
is that with or without the attachment :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back