Which Felion as Miss BC Lion?

Photo Gallery of some of BC's Hottest young women ... the FeLions!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

No Ordinary Joe
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:Beauty pageants such as Miss BC Lions and Miss Grey Cup etc. has been frowned upon by women's groups for years. They consider it to be demeaning to women. Remember they used to have a Miss PNE, Miss Vancouver etc.
Actually I don't remember those. Still, to each their own. I'm sure there's a group that will be offended by pretty much anything these days but I think the fact that one of these very women who could have been participating in this event mentioning it to us and giving us a head's up clearly states that there's a group out there who is in favor of events such as this. Sometimes I just find it frustrating because a person could easily make anything into an argument about Political Correctness or lack thereof.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Sometimes I just find it frustrating because a person could easily make anything into an argument about Political Correctness or lack thereof.
:whs:
Well said, NOJ.

What's the big difference between a Miss Grey Cup pageant and the existing Cheerleader Extravaganza that's already being exhibited during Grey Cup week?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

No Ordinary Joe wrote: Sometimes I just find it frustrating because a person could easily make anything into an argument about Political Correctness or lack thereof.
Bingo !
Soundy
Hall of Famer

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Sometimes I just find it frustrating because a person could easily make anything into an argument about Political Correctness or lack thereof.
Yes, you know, I find your alias quite offensive, because it belittles all the other Joes out there who are quite ordinary...

(now where's that "tongue-in-cheek" emoticon?)
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:
Yes, you know, I find your alias quite offensive, because it belittles all the other Joes out there who are quite ordinary...

(now where's that "tongue-in-cheek" emoticon?)
Oh, you're one to talk... your handle completely disrespects every hearing-impaired person on the planet :tease:

But that's nothing... the Paper & Scissors Defence League are constantly on my case for fair and equal acknowledgement :hypno:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Maybe the event was canceled because these guys started pushing for gender equality and demanded that they should also have the right to join the contest. The organizers couldn't bear to see them possibly being crowned as Miss Grey Cup, so they decided the fairest way to resolve the situation would be to cancel the event altogether.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The updated 2007 Grey Cup events page seems to confirm that the Miss Grey Cup pageant has been replaced with the event that the CFL has been holding for the last 15 years - the Cheer Extravaganza.

Unlike last year's event in Winnipeg and like the 2005 event in Vancouver, the Cheer Extravaganza will be free to attend. It's scheduled on the afternoon of Saturday, November 24 from 12:15 PM to 3:15 PM.

http://www.cflgreycup.ca/toronto/festiv ... vent_id=48
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The web page contains an updated time for the Cheer Extravaganza event.

When: 2007-11-24 (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM)
Where: Bremner Street
Cost: Free
Features: CFL Cheer Teams showcase their talent on stage on the VIA Rail Bremner Street Festival.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
:whs:
Well said, NOJ.

What's the big difference between a Miss Grey Cup pageant and the existing Cheerleader Extravaganza that's already being exhibited during Grey Cup week?
Do you really want me to get into that debate?
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote:Do you really want me to get into that debate?
Repeating what you said to me earlier.....Whoa, calm down.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Let me put it to you this way: 3hrs of Miss Universe vs Seahawks game?
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I see what you mean now. But my point is, one can always play devil's advocate and say that the Miss Grey Cup and Cheer Extravaganza are the same thing as they both exploit young women. :twisted:
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

What do you say about exotic dancers, both male and female?

Isn't that also exploitation of people?
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote:What do you say about exotic dancers, both male and female?

Isn't that also exploitation of people?
Are you saying the only differenc between the Felions and those dancing at No5 is that you don't get song number 3 and the shower?
I have my head up my butt - 120db