My felion cartoon!

Photo Gallery of some of BC's Hottest young women ... the FeLions!

Moderator: Team Captains

kamfan
Starter

Photog wrote:sweet work man. your art is every bit as good as my photography was, if not better. :thup:
Was? I am sure your photography is just as good now, even if you are not using the same venue as before.
Dan Russell
Legend

Good picture, Woody. Although the uniform she's wearing is that of last years.
Cut him a break jeesh.
woody
Champion

Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

wow great work Woody!!! :rockin:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
theduke_39

Hello everyone, I'm a BC fan from Calgary. My father was from Revelstoke. Those pics of the felions are hot. I think that some of the shorts they wear aren't tight enough, lol :twisted: It's funny yo see the Stamps and Rider fans out here :bawl: the blues. Love the pic of Joe Kapp, do you know which team he was traded to from BC in 1969?
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Joe Kapp wasn't traded from the BC Lions. He left the Lions in 1967 to join the Minnesota Vikings.
woody
Champion

Here is a 2006 felion cartoon!
Rammer
Team Captain

Robbie wrote:Joe Kapp wasn't traded from the BC Lions. He left the Lions in 1967 to join the Minnesota Vikings.
Actually it was a trade and one of my first memories of the Lions....
The answer to that question would be answered in one of the most complex trades ever made. The Minnesota Vikings back in 1965 had drafted running back Jim Young out of Queens University in Kingston Ontario. He had spent the 1965 and 1966 seasons with the Vikings but was now eager to return home to Canada. The BC Lions wanted Young badly, however the Toronto Argonauts had his CFL rights. The Vikings General Manager was Jim Finks, who had brought Joe to Canada back in 1959, and their head coach was now Bud Grant who had coached against Joe many times while in Winnipeg. Both Finks and Grant thought Joe Kapp would be an ideal replacement for Fran Tarkenton who had been traded to the New York Giants. But how could they get him? The deal was huge. The Lions traded all-star defensive lineman Dick Fouts, and future Hall of Fame running back Bill Symons to the Argonauts for the CFL rights to Jim Young. They then "pulled every trick in the book" getting Kapp waived out of the CFL. The Vikings meanwhile, "pulled in all their markers" around the NFL getting Young waived out of that league. (The expansion New Orleans Saints wanted Young and it took some master manipulation from Finks to keep them from claiming Young.) Kapp, waived through the CFL, was free to sign with Minnesota who had claimed his NFL playing rights from Washington. Young waived through the NFL signed with the Lions and began a career in 1967 that would take him to the Canadian Football Hall of Fame.

More on Joe Kapp's career in the following link....

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=page&id=60
Entertainment value = an all time low
crburrows
Champion

Woody: Great work, man.

Will you be coming out with a calendar? :rockin:
bb_21

I seriously think Woody, that you should do each of the cfl cheer teams and submit it to the cfl office. It looks amazing!!!!!!! Would be curious to see how you do the other teams :beer:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

bb_21 wrote:I seriously think Woody, that you should do each of the cfl cheer teams and submit it to the cfl office. It looks amazing!!!!!!! Would be curious to see how you do the other teams :beer:
Great idea, bb_21! :thup:

Woody, you may want to check out these links that I posted earlier on this thread:

http://www.lionbackers.com/cheer/viewtopic.php?p=105722

These are the links to every cheer and dance team in the CFL. You should be able to obtain pictures of them at their web sites.

BC Lions Felions
Calgary Stampeders Outriders
Edmonton Eskimos Edmonton Eskimos Cheer Team
Saskatchewan Roughriders Trailblazers
Winnipeg Blue Bombers Blue Lightning
Hamilton Tiger-Cats Kingsgate Tiger-Cats Cheerleaders
Toronto Argos Blue Thunder
Montreal Alouettes Montreal Alouettes Cheerleading Team
woody
Champion

Here is an idea for the new 07 felion uniform!This would boost attendance for sure :lol:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Great design Woody, as usual. :yes:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Hi Woody,

We look forward to seeing your next cartoon featuring a Felion in her 2007 uniform.

[img]http://www2.moltenimage.com/photos/lions/felions07.jpg[/img]
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

LOVE the new 'design' woody! Hmmm......avatar idea! :twisted:
Real women wear orange!!