Kelowna vs Kootenay

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who is going to the WHL Finals

Kelowna
64%
Kootenay
36%

Total votes: 11
stubblejumper

Bad luck for me to miss this game again....5-4 Kelowna in OT. Must have been a good one...any comments again would be greatly appreciated.
Rammer
Team Captain

Big game to win once the Ice came back from a 4 - 1 deficit. Going into OT, the winner was going to be sitting pretty. Had the Ice won, what a comeback in the Rockets back yard stealing a win really being down by 3, and with home ice advantage. However that wasn't the case, with the Rockets taking a 3 - 1 series lead with the win, and now have a strangle hold on the series and must of deflated the Ice somewhat, perhaps enough to take the next game.

The big turning point in the game was a Weber hit on Dawes from behind, it gave the Ice a 5 minute PP, but only after the linesman called it. The hit also took Dawes out of the game, along with Weber who got a GM. Both the top player on each team. Down 4 - 2 with the PP, the Ice chipped in two goals with around 4 minutes to go in the third tieing the game on the PP.

Ice are in big trouble, but stranger things have happened, but Dawes may of suffered a concussion and may be out for a long period. Not sure on Webers situation with the GM, but he may miss another game as this is his second GM, if so, he is a huge loss and a reason that the Giants did as well against the Rockets as they did with Weber injured for that first round.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Arny
Champion

Well, I've been away for awhile Phil, I'm not about to crow yet, but it's looking decent from where I sit. Time will tell. :beer:
Rammer
Team Captain

With the score tied at zero heading into the third period, the Rockets were first on the board with 14+ minutes remaining. They held onto that 1 - 0 lead late in teh third, when the Ice tied the game up with a mere 3.6 seconds remaining, forcing OT.

After an additonal 20 minutes the score remained deadlocked, and then early in the second OT, the Kootenay Ice salted the game away and staved off elimination on their home ice. Game 6 is in Kelowna on Sunday, watch for it on Shaw cable at 5PM PST time.
Rammer
Team Captain

Arny wrote:Well, I've been away for awhile Phil, I'm not about to crow yet, but it's looking decent from where I sit. Time will tell. :beer:
3.6 seconds away from advancing, hope that comes back to bite your team. Good to see you post up finally, either or should have a decided chance at representing the WHL for the MC. :thup:
Arny
Champion

Rammer wrote:
3.6 seconds away from advancing, hope that comes back to bite your team. Good to see you post up finally, either or should have a decided chance at representing the WHL for the MC. :thup:
:bawl: That was a tough one to lose. Hopefully it won't get to a seventh game back in Cranbrook. You are right, both teams should fare well at the Mem cup if they don't beat each other up in the meantime. There were some doozy hits out there tonight from what I saw.
Rammer
Team Captain

Arny wrote:
Rammer wrote:
:bawl: That was a tough one to lose. Hopefully it won't get to a seventh game back in Cranbrook. You are right, both teams should fare well at the Mem cup if they don't beat each other up in the meantime. There were some doozy hits out there tonight from what I saw.
Going to have to watch the next one at the bar, I don't have Shaw.... :bang: :sigh:

Sunday, 5PM going to be a good one. We are without Dawes though, and that is a quarter of our total scoring. Ouch, that cheap shot Webber guy, didn't see it, but I can tell you the two radio stations saw it very different.
Arny
Champion

Sorry Rammer. :twisted:
Rammer
Team Captain

Arny wrote:Sorry Rammer. :twisted:
Ahh, we stole one in Cranbrook, I guess payback is fair. Good luck to taking the title again, keep it in BC I says....

I would of loved a game 7, but that was smashed with that crappy goal from centre ice, and when the Ice lost Dawes, we lost alot of offense.