2021-22 NFL Season thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

BC 1988
Legend

They may come under a lot of criticism for their "Nothing Stops the NFL" arrogance, but this is one time that a show of strength is justified. They have done their homework and without saying all NFL personnel must be vaccinated, they have made it so.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles ... 2_35431625
and here is the current situation league-wide
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles ... 2_35439722
They are still allowing those who wish to be unvaccinated due to medical or cultural grounds, but don't bother showing up. I hope this persuades the general public who may be on the fence to follow suit. (even MAGA Trump Death Fetish cultists if they choose to See the Light).
BC 1988
Legend

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/08/31/ ... on-status/
Speculation that Cam Newton was released by NE today because Belichik finally decided his unvaccinated status made him too much of a liability. Given the disappointing results last season, I had expected this to have happened before now. There will be more of these as the season progresses.
Foxhound
Starter

BC 1988 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:27 am
(even MAGA Trump Death Fetish cultists if they choose to See the Light).
Bad enough that you start a thread on some foreign football league that's a threat to our own game because to put it mildly most Canadians happily embrace American cultural imperialism.

But adding another tiresome and all too typically wrong-headed slam against the Yanks' previous President makes it worse. Fact check: It was the ChiComs who unleashed COVID on the world helped out by American funding of gain of function research. Funding that the Democrats supported when they were in the White House because the ChiComs are our friends, right? Yeah, sure.

And incidentally the COVID virus respects nobody, whether Democrat or Republican in the States, Liberal or Conservative in Canada, Libertarian anywhere. So why the Trump remark? Just an attempt to be asinine?

:roll:
Radically Canadian!
BC 1988
Legend

^^^^Cool story, bro.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Foxhound wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:32 pm
BC 1988 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:27 am
(even MAGA Trump Death Fetish cultists if they choose to See the Light).
Bad enough that you start a thread on some foreign football league that's a threat to our own game because to put it mildly most Canadians happily embrace American cultural imperialism.

But adding another tiresome and all too typically wrong-headed slam against the Yanks' previous President makes it worse. Fact check: It was the ChiComs who unleashed COVID on the world helped out by American funding of gain of function research. Funding that the Democrats supported when they were in the White House because the ChiComs are our friends, right? Yeah, sure.

And incidentally the COVID virus respects nobody, whether Democrat or Republican in the States, Liberal or Conservative in Canada, Libertarian anywhere. So why the Trump remark? Just an attempt to be asinine?

:roll:
I would say that OPs small comment was fairly harmless. However, your over the hill rant is what is assinine.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Foxhound
Starter

KnowItAll wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:04 pm
I would say that OPs small comment was fairly harmless. However, your over the hill rant is what is assinine.
"Trump Death Fetish cultists"? Yeah, harmless. :roll: Compares only to throwing kerosene on a fire in an orphanage in incendiary value but that to you is "harmless" because, because, let me guess, it was about Trump so that makes it fine, right? But then again I should be used to that kind of hypocrisy by cheerleaders for the Democrats in the States.
KnowItAll wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:04 pm
However, your over the hill rant is what is assinine.
I'll be polite here and refrain from using the first syllable of your last word to describe anyone who's just fine tossing such phraseology about.

:wag:
Radically Canadian!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I couldnt give a crap about Democrats, but I sure am looking forward to this weeks games

I cheer for 7 teams this season.

Rams, Packers, and Bills doing great

Chargers and Raiders also in playoff position for now.

Saints probably wont make it.

Eagles will just not.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Beginning to look a lot like the NFL will be struggling to finish the season and playoffs with decent enough rosters.

Will this years SB be tainted. I hope not.

My 9 fav teams still in the running for spots

Bills
Rams
Chargers
Raiders
Saints
Colts
Eagles
Packers
Cardinals.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Bills. Wow. What a record setting game.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Yeah that was pretty sweet. I have been a closet Bills fan for a few years now. I hope that they can put it together to go all the way. They have all the right ingredients for sure. Of those remaining, I guess the best bets are the:

Bills
Chiefs
Packers
Bucs.

The Bill, Chiefs game is going to be epic. I don't see the 49's giving much of challenge to Green Bay and the Bucs have Brady.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
BC 1988
Legend

Wow, that is unexpected (both that he did and the timing of it).
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/nfl/ ... -1.6332580
Maybe the Mahomes era now really begins. KC has to be the SB favorite of the final 4.
BC 1988
Legend

BC 1988 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:51 pm
Wow, that is unexpected (both that he did and the timing of it).
Maybe the Mahomes era now really begins. KC has to be the SB favorite of the final 4.
....and then he said he hasn't made up his mind yet (after dominating the news cycle yesterday).

He is still under contract through next season.
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/nfl/ ... -1.5947400
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I have to think that KC is probably the best bet of the lot but given how I thought that this would go down, Bills, Packers, and Bucs all on vacation, I have probably cursed KC with the thought. I have been a 49's fan since the Montana/Rice/Lott days but they have been in the wilderness for a while now. The Bengals even more so. Might be nice if somehow they could pull it off for the long suffering fans from that city.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
BC 1988
Legend

Bengals v Rams (with LA on paper the "visiting team"). It could be as unpredictable as all of the playoffs have been this season. Rams are the early favorite.

It's starting to look like Mahomes is a one trick pony. In his first few seasons (all the way up to the SB win) he effectively used his unpredictability. There were a few regular season games this season where KC was stomped on (along with the SB loss and today's game) where a disciplined D was able to force him to make mistakes, looking very mere mortal.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Bills/Rams would have been the purrfect match for me. At least I got half of it.