This weekd NFL playoff games

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I wonder what level of threat of armed violence in a city is required to cancel any of the games.

They say Wisconsin is one of the states most likely to be a concern
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
BC 1988
Legend

I guess it depends on the proximity of the stadiums to actual targets (as assessed by the FBI). Lambeau Field is kind of in the middle of nowhere. Having few fans in attendance would help make them easier for security.
https://sports.nbcsports.com/2021/01/14 ... 27s%20game.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

well, the only violence in GB was done by the Packers.. Rams never stood a chance
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
BC 1988
Legend

KnowItAll wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:13 pm
well, the only violence in GB was done by the Packers.. Rams never stood a chance
And GB gets a chance to do it again next weekend at home vs the winner of TB/NO (which in itself is significant for having the 2 oldest starting QBs ever in a playoff game).
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... chup-ever/
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Tom Brady gets to go to his 10th Super Bowl, thanks in part to Green Bay’s decision to kick a field goal on fourth and goal when trailing by 8 points with just over 2 minutes left. They didn’t get the ball back.
BC 1988
Legend

KC at TB will be a great matchup. Brady wants to hang on to his legend status a bit longer (and prove he doesn't need Belichick) while Mahomes gets a chance to establish himself as the NFL's "Next One" (to use an NHL expression) Fortunately he has two weeks to recover from a reported turf toe injury.

First time ever for a host team appearance in a Super Bowl (but there were a couple held in neighboring venues in the past). No surprise in this crazy season. I wonder how many fans will be allowed in to see it?
Dusty
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:49 pm
Tom Brady gets to go to his 10th Super Bowl, thanks in part to Green Bay’s decision to kick a field goal on fourth and goal when trailing by 8 points with just over 2 minutes left. They didn’t get the ball back.
I thought the game changed away from Green Bay when they did not score a TD early in the game. The first throw was a catchable ball that wasn't caught and then another throw was caught but out of bounds. They settled for a field goal and never seemed to have full confidence after that drive. The Bucs, on the other hand, seemed to gain from that drive and really took over the game. Their TD with 1 second before the half was killer for the Packers.
BC 1988
Legend

i see the league had already decided SB planned attendance details two days ago.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl- ... 21-season/