2020-21 NFL/Seattle Seahawks Season Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

With a Green Bay Packers loss in Tampa Bay despite quick early lead, the Seahawks remain the only undefeated team in the NFC. And the 49ers helped the Seahawks with their win over the LA Rams so the Seahawks remain in first place the NFC west and NFC overall though tied in points with the Bears with a game in hand.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:53 pm
Anyone think the tackle on Dak Prescott was a bit of a horse collar? Thnx Bb
I looked at it a couple of times and I would have to say no. Initial contact was from the side and not high IMO. The defender may have gotten a bid of jersey on the way down but it really doesn't look like there was anything illegal about the tackle. It didn't even look that rough. I think it was just one of those fluke unfortunate injuries.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

In thinking the Hawks r in for the biggest test with the Arizona team. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
South Pender
Legend

A disappointing outcome in last night's game. The Seahawks have won quite a few of these one-score/down to the last second games in the past, and so perhaps it's fitting that they lose one. Despite racking up 588 total yards (normally enough to win just about any game), Russell Wilson had a bad night with three interceptions, and the defense was, once again, not good enough--just not up to the task of stopping Kyler Murray and his receivers.

The 'Hawks have four tough games coming up--49ers, Bills, Rams, and Cardinals again--before the schedule gets softer. We might see them at 7-3 at the 10-game mark.

Here's a piece by Brent Sobleski of Bleacher Report on the poor play of the Seahawks' defense:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/291 ... =editorial

The NFL trade deadline comes up in a week. I think the Seahawks desperately need to bring in some pass-rush help, either by trade or by finding a free agent still unsigned.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

A good rebound win by the Seahawks despite the slow start. And finally, a non-one score win with good defensive plays.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
South Pender
Legend

Yes, the defense played better, despite being without their top safety and corner. They managed some pressure from the line and 'backers.

They should get stronger on defense with some players coming back from injuries and a couple of new acquisitions. The hope is that Jamal Adams will be back for the Bills next Sunday and, also possibly, Shaquill Griffin at corner. They might also have new-acquisitions DE Carlos Dunlap and Snacks Harrison at nose tackle for the Bills game.
South Pender
Legend

Well, another completely dismal performance from the defense. I thought the D-line played better, racking up some sacks, but, man the secondary was porous. I think the Seahawks have decent safeties in Adams and Diggs, but the play they're getting from the corners is pretty bad. Part of this poor play is at least partly attributable to injuries. Starting left corner Shaquill Griffin didn't play and is still in the concussion protocol, and Quinton Dunbar--assumed to be a strong starter at right corner--played yesterday with a bad knee, and it showed. He just couldn't cover the Bills' receivers.

I've tried to give DC Ken Norton, Jr. some slack this season, but I'm beginning to think that he's a big part of the problem on defense. The 'Hawks do have some outstanding defensive players, but their schemes have been ineffective too often. The corners were just getting beat over and over yesterday. There are defensive plays that can help compensate for reduced production from the corners, and it didn't look as though the Seahawks were employing them. (The secondary has always been Pete Carroll's specialty, but you sure wouldn't know it from yesterday's performance.)

I'd like to see Pete Carroll try to get Dan Quinn (recently fired HC in Atlanta) to come in as a defensive consultant. It would be hard to fire Norton mid-season, I guess, but having Quinn in the building would probably help.

Pete Carroll's teams don't usually go on losing streaks, and I think we can expect a better performance next week against the Rams, but that game (in LA) will be a tough one, and the time has come for some serious retooling of the defense.