2019-20 NFL Season Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

South Pender
Legend

Just too many key players missing for the Seahawks to prevail last night, although they sure came close with that final drive. The offense really missed Duane Brown at left tackle; George Fant just couldn't hold up against a very strong 49er D-line. Marshawn Lynch, not surprisingly, wasn't quite in "Beast Mode" form, but rookie tailback Travis Homer looked pretty good considering his lack of experience. When the 'Hawks can't count on their ground game to hammer out a lot of yards and thus set up the passing game, the offense is really not operating at full capacity, and this really showed in the game.

Robbie, I think that, if the Seahawks win in Philly next Sunday, they would go to San Francisco for their next game. This is assuming that the Vikings lose to the Saints next weekend. If the Vikings somehow beat the Saints, then the Seahawks would go to Green Bay in the next round. The NFC seedings are (1-6): 49ers, Packers, Saints, Eagles, Seahawks, Vikings. The Eagles are at least as beat up as the Seahawks, and so I think the 'Hawks have a good chance to beat them and advance to the divisional round.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

South Pender wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:57 am
Robbie, I think that, if the Seahawks win in Philly next Sunday, they would go to San Francisco for their next game.
From what I see, South Pender, if the Seahawks win in Philadelphia they will then travel to Green Bay to take on the Packers. The 49ers will take on the winner of the New Orleans-Minnesota game.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 am
South Pender wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:57 am
Robbie, I think that, if the Seahawks win in Philly next Sunday, they would go to San Francisco for their next game.
From what I see, South Pender, if the Seahawks win in Philadelphia they will then travel to Green Bay to take on the Packers. The 49ers will take on the winner of the New Orleans-Minnesota game.
if the Viking win, they will go to SF and winner in Philly goes to GB

if the Saints win, they will go to GB and winner in Philly goes to SF
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
South Pender
Legend

KnowItAll wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:58 pm

Yes, that's right.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

South Pender wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:17 pm
KnowItAll wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:58 pm

Yes, that's right.
Okay. There's still a small chance that Seattle can host the NFC championship if both the Seahawks and Vikings win their next two games.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
South Pender
Legend

Robbie wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:37 pm
Okay. There's still a small chance that Seattle can host the NFC championship if both the Seahawks and Vikings win their next two games.
Right you are, Robbie. Wouldn't that be great!

Here are the opening odds for Wildcard Weekend:

1. Texans (home) favored by 3 over the Bills;
2. Patriots (home) favored by 5.5 over the Titans;
3. Saints (home) favored by 8 over the Vikings;
4. Seahawks (away) favored by 1 over the Eagles.

The Seahawks may have Quandre Diggs back at FS against the Eagles. This would really strengthen the back end for that game, alongside Bradley McDougald at SS. So that's a positive. On the negative side, however, it looks as if OLB Mychal Kendricks will be lost to a serious knee injury (just confirmed as a torn ACL) suffered in last night's game. Other than that, It doesn't look as if the Seahawks suffered any further potentially-significant injuries, although WR Jaron Brown may also have suffered some (lesser) kind of knee injury (probably a sprain). This latter wouldn't be that big a deal, though, as Brown hasn't really figured much in the 'Hawks' pass attack this season.

Maybe it's too soon to begin speculating about off-season acquisitions, but I can't help thinking that the 'Hawks need to pick up a true shut-down corner to play opposite Shaquill Griffin (who has had a good season). With Diggs, McDougald, and rookie Marquise Blair (who's looked pretty good) manning the safety positions, this would give the Seahawks a pretty solid secondary.

I also think that they should try to hang on to Jadeveon Clowney. I don't think that Ziggy Ansah has done enough to justify the big bucks it would take to keep him, and so John Schneider will need to try to find another edge rusher. (I don't think that rookie edge rusher L.J. Collier has shown enough to be able to count on him for next season.) So strengthening the secondary and D-line would shore up the defensive weaknesses the Seahawks have shown this season.

On offense, one more really solid receiver to add to Tyler Lockett and D.K. Metcalf would firm things up on that front. As usual, though, the O-line will need some attention.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

A huge upset and a huge comeback in the first round.

Titans managed to upset the defending champion Patriots in Boston. Amazing! :good:

While the Bills blow a huge 16-0 lead over the Texans and lose in overtime. But what will be talked about for a long time was the first play in the third quarter. Just because a player makes a mental mistake doesn't mean his team must not suffer the consequences and in this case, he should have know to kneel or step out bounds for it to be a touchback. It should have been a quick six for the Bills.
祝你龍年行大運。
Ballistic Bob
Legend

A kneel down after the Titan pic with 9 secs remaing would of put and end to Brady and Belichuck so much sooner.BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:29 pm
A huge upset and a huge comeback in the first round.

Titans managed to upset the defending champion Patriots in Boston. Amazing! :good:

While the Bills blow a huge 16-0 lead over the Texans and lose in overtime. But what will be talked about for a long time was the first play in the third quarter. Just because a player makes a mental mistake doesn't mean his team must not suffer the consequences and in this case, he should have know to kneel or step out bounds for it to be a touchback. It should have been a quick six for the Bills.
I don't really think it was a huge upset. NE not looking too great in second half of season. Titans coming on strong. I felt about 55% confident that titans would win.

Bills just blew that game with stupidity by both players and coaches.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
South Pender
Legend

I was pleased to see the Titans beat the Patriots. It's not that I dislike the Pats; in fact, I admire the team from management all the way down, and the Brady/Belichick story is a great one. It's just that it's time for the dynasty to end, and for another team to ascend to the top of the AFC. The Patriots have missed Rob Gronkowski greatly this season, and that was really apparent in yesterday's game. I don't think the Titans are the next superpower in the AFC, however, and they'll very likely be blown out next weekend in Baltimore. I suspect that the AFC championship will come down to the Chiefs and Ravens, and that should be a great game.

The question for the Patriots now is whether Tom Brady will be back for another season. His contract runs out now, and Brady himself doesn't seem to know. He'll either (a) retire, (b) be back with the Patriots, or (c) be back with another team. I'd be very surprised if he went to another team. He has said he would like to play until he's 45, and he will be 43 next season. Something to look for in the off-season.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Another upset. Minnesota Vikings win 26-20 in OT against the New Orleans Saints. Two upsets so far and an almost third one had the Bills won in Houston.

But if the Seahawks win in Philadelphia, it wouldn't be considered an upset.
祝你龍年行大運。
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Seahawks home game is still alive. BB
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Seahawks clinging on to a 10-3 halftime lead despite producing much more offensive yardage and knowing Carson Wentz out of the game.

Saints have lost three straight last play playoff games, the last two at home in OT.

Given how the Vikings did well, maybe it was a blessing in disguise that the Seahawks didn't host the Vikings - at least not in the first round.
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Seahawks hold on to a 17-9 win. Despite giving up quite a lot of yardage to the Eagles in their long drives, at least the defence kept them out of end zone.

Now, off to Green Bay for another challenge.
祝你龍年行大運。
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Home field is still alive