World Juniors

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

A good chunk of my extended family went over for the medal round and had a great time. The one exception that was frustrating as hell was this group of obnoxious millennials “bros” behind us who spent every game of the medal round jibber-jabbering, endlessly and obnoxiously about everything but hockey. They never shut the hell up! Going on about their work out, how the vegan option for online meal plans were such a bargain, the drive to Tofino is so inconvenient, endless 1st world problems, yadda yadda yadda...

And when they turned their attention to the game, they were clueless as hell. That assumption on my part was confirmed when they had a hard time figuring what icing was....

But I am left with a dilemma. These guys weren’t picking fights or cursing excessively (we had kids there) or drop down drunk. They WERE annoying as hell.

So am I a fuddy-duddy for getting pissed a them or was I generally correct within the expectations of fellow spectator behaviour? I would be interested in what folks think.

BTW we love our section at Lions games. Good solid fans (lots of STHs) who are having a good time without being a bunch of asses. I know the league needs the younger demographic but man, waaaay too many of them are annoying.

Okay done my “get off my lawn” for today.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I hear you CardiacKid. We sometimes get the same at our section from time to time. If they're not bothering anyone from enjoying the game, they have the same right as we do. You can't have them removed because they haven't done anything illegal.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:43 pm
A good chunk of my extended family went over for the medal round and had a great time. The one exception that was frustrating as hell was this group of obnoxious millennials “bros” behind us who spent every game of the medal round jibber-jabbering, endlessly and obnoxiously about everything but hockey. They never shut the hell up! Going on about their work out, how the vegan option for online meal plans were such a bargain, the drive to Tofino is so inconvenient, endless 1st world problems, yadda yadda yadda...

And when they turned their attention to the game, they were clueless as hell. That assumption on my part was confirmed when they had a hard time figuring what icing was....

But I am left with a dilemma. These guys weren’t picking fights or cursing excessively (we had kids there) or drop down drunk. They WERE annoying as hell.

So am I a fuddy-duddy for getting pissed a them or was I generally correct within the expectations of fellow spectator behaviour? I would be interested in what folks think.

BTW we love our section at Lions games. Good solid fans (lots of STHs) who are having a good time without being a bunch of asses. I know the league needs the younger demographic but man, waaaay too many of them are annoying.

Naah, you are a fuddy duddy :roar:

Seriously, though, you would be hard pressed to find a place anywhere these days were there isn't someone who is clueless about how their behaviour is impacting others. You see it driving, at the theatre, sporting events, the beach what have you. More specific to your situation, I have never understood why people go to an event that they apparently have no interest in. I would say however, that it cuts across all demographics including parents who are oblivious to their young children, middle aged somethings that seem to think drink fueled boorish behaviour is ok right up to entitled seniors who think because they are almost in triple digits that they can be pushy, rude and obnoxious.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
CardiacKid
Legend

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:01 pm
CardiacKid wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:43 pm

Naah, you are a fuddy duddy :roar:
That’ll be my name plate when I get one of the New Era jerseys. I don’t think the Lions would do up a “Millenials Frick Off” plate. :clown: