2018 FIFA World Cup / 2019 FIFA Women's WC

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Which country do you want to win the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup?

USA
50%
Netherlands
50%

Total votes: 2
BC 1988
Legend

France vs Belgium in the "left side" semifinal. Neymar can go home now and recuperate from his no doubt serious injuries. :rotf:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

With the upset losses of Uruguay and Brazil by France and Belgium respectively, it's going to be an all-Europe in the final this year.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

England looked very composed beating Sweden 2-0.

Maguire. Alli. Led by Harry Kane of course.

They are worthy.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Entertaining quarterfinal game between Croatia and host Russia with both countries scoring a goal a.e.t.
Croatia managed to pull a win in penalty kicks.

Final four, semi-finals are now set:

France vs. Belgium
Croatia vs. England

Who will Canada root for now? I suppose England since Canada is part of the British commonwealth and monarchy.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

France vs. Belgium

I'm going with Belgium to topple the French here. I like this side as I like this group. Favourite will no doubt be France as they've got some brilliant players who can attack and defend in the big games.

Heart says Belguim but it's not a slam dunk versus a great France side.

This could be a very entertaining depending on how each team decides to play or how an opponent decides to play. It's very hard to think both teams will come out and play wide open which would make fans happy. This game is about getting the W and these coaches won't care if it's ugly or pretty.

Belguim changed tactics to top Brazil and as former Everton coach Roberto Martinez says - they had to believe in the system and it's tough with teams like this. Lukaku (Man United Striker) says he coached team mates Eden Hazard (Chelsea as attacking MF) and Kevin De Bruyne (Man City- MF) and how to position themselves in that game as he played in that system with Martinez and helped get them believe it'd word vs Brazil. Lukaku was wide right and Eden Hazard wide left with De Bruyne a false 9 (striker). It worked as Lukuku was running at the back line with ruthlessly.

Hazard's World Cup predictions look pretty good with him picking Belguim to topple England in the final - check his table here:

https://sports.yahoo.com/eden-hazard-ma ... 17903.html

Croatia vs. England[/b]

England to W as they're on a roll.

Another great semi-final with two skilled teams and as I've been saying since the group stages - finally an England team you can root for versus the ones who find a way to break your hearts.

This group plays well together and the selections and tactics of Gareth Southgate look brilliant. Harry Kane aside as he always meets high expectations you gotta love the play of Raheem Sterling, Lingard, Young and Dele Alli and the Keeper who has only appeared in 30 games in the Premier League with Everton.

The whole team is playing together, playing with passion and out for the team. That's not been the England way in recent WCs.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -in-russia
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
BC 1988
Legend

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking ... index.html
FIFA rankings for the final 4 are Belgium 3, France 7, England 12, Croatia 20.
Of course, many consider it a flawed system, given how many non-qualifier teams are higher ranked than those that did.

England has a better team than they ever have in all aspects--most importantly younger management making the most of the young talent. (and with no Wayne Rooney type underachievers dragging them down). The new philosophy has me more positive for the future than I have ever been (I was 4 years old last time they won).

I tend to agree Belgium is the favorite if they make it past France tomorrow (but I have to admit it would be a shame for England to blow a once in a lifetime chance).
Robbie
Hall of Famer

English hooliganism has always had a notorious reputation. But most recently, it got even worse when English fans celebrated their World Cup quarterfinal win over Sweden by vandalizing an IKEA store in London. :wag: I wonder if they also vandalized every single Volvo and Saab on the streets of London. And any Swedish tennis players currently competing in Wimbledon like Johanna Larsson better forfeit and go back to Sweden because if their opponents don't beat them, the English hooligans will.

Next stop is against Croatia. Those living in England who own a Rimac Automobili better hide their vehicle lest English hooligans destroy it. Any remaining Croatian tennis players at Wimbledon like Franko Škugor better forfeit and leave the country while they can. :shock:
祝你龍年行大運。
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:30 pm
English hooliganism has always had a notorious reputation. But most recently, it got even worse when English fans celebrated their World Cup quarterfinal win over Sweden by vandalizing an IKEA store in London. :wag: I wonder if they also vandalized every single Volvo and Saab on the streets of London. And any Swedish tennis players currently competing in Wimbledon like Johanna Larsson better forfeit and go back to Sweden because if their opponents don't beat them, the English hooligans will.

Next stop is against Croatia. Those living in England who own a Rimac Automobili better hide their vehicle lest English hooligans destroy it. Any remaining Croatian tennis players at Wimbledon like Franko Škugor better forfeit and leave the country while they can. :shock:
Exactly the reason why I'm cheering for whoever England plays.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

dang

of the teams that have are or can compete for the cup in any given year, the ones I cheer against are Germany, England, France, and USA.

Gonna suck if the final is france/England.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The final has now been set: France vs. Croatia

Two questions:

1. Which team do you want to win?
2. Which team do you think will win?
祝你龍年行大運。
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Delighted that England is out.
BC 1988
Legend

England comes up short. playing with 10 men due to injury (and out of subs) for the final 10 minutes of extra time.

They went further in this WC than I expected them to.

I would love to see Croatia take the final (they've earned it after also knocking off host Russia) but I feel France is heavily favored, and it's theirs to lose.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Croatia the much better side.

Modric the leader.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:46 pm
The final has now been set: France vs. Croatia

Two questions:

1. Which team do you want to win?
2. Which team do you think will win?
want Croatia, predict France.

also want and predict Belgium to beat England
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I have nothing against France. I rooted for Zinedine Zidane in 1998.

But this time around I will be rooting for little Croatia. 4.28 million people.

Talented players. Running their legs off.

Big underdog, I would say.

2018-07-13_1131.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.