2018 Winter Olympic Games Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I don't think she owed anyone an apology, specially the media.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:06 pm
Agreed, she just took the medal off. It's not like throwing it into the stands as the Swedish player did at the World Juniors.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sebastien Toutant, Gold in Men's Big Air.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:28 pm
KnowItAll wrote:
Agreed, she just took the medal off.
But maybe to the sponsors for the team who gave money to the team to train and go to South Korea. Winning first or not, that behaviour is rather disrespectful.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:05 pm
TheLionKing wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:28 pm
KnowItAll wrote:
Agreed, she just took the medal off.
But maybe to the sponsors for the team who gave money to the team to train and go to South Korea. Winning first or not, that behaviour is rather disrespectful.
out of control emotion, but no disrespect. None was intended and none should be taken
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Canada leading 3-1 in the 2nd game of the Bronze medal game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Andrew Ebett's 2nd goal of the game has given Canada a 4-1 lead with 14 minutes remaining in the game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Czech Republic responds with a goal of their own 4-2
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Chris Kelly with his 2nd has given Canada a 3 goal cushion.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Canada salvages the bronze medal in men's ice hockey with a convincing 6-4 win over Czech Republic. Small revenge from the preliminary round and 1998. They are bound to be happier that their women counterparts.

---------
Aside from me and LK, who woke very early to see this game? Will you also see if Germany can complete the upset and also the medal presentation?
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

29th medal of the Games. :thup: :thup:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I spoke too soon. Unlike the women hockey tournament, the men got their bronze medal right away after the game. And the players kept in on with lots of pride.
https://nationalpostcom.files.wordpress ... all&zoom=2
https://s.hdnux.com/photos/71/56/23/151 ... 4x1024.jpg

But for bronze medal group celebration pictures, one thing I would look at is if any players are too arrogant by raising their pointer finger as if though they are #1 when they are clearly not. For the most part, bronze medalist players are humble enough to realize that. In the case of Team Finland's women's ice hockey team, the coach is fair and honest enough for the picture by raising three fingers for the team picture to indicate and concede that his team are only 3rd best.
Last edited by Robbie on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
祝你龍年行大運。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:48 am
I spoke too soon. Unlike the women hockey tournament, the men got their bronze medal right away after the game. And the players kept in on with lots of pride.
https://nationalpostcom.files.wordpress ... all&zoom=2
big difference. they had time to get used to the fact that they were not going to win the gold, and then they won their last game.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I hate the shoot out and I also didn't think much of the 4 on 4 format on the large ice surface.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 pm
Yeah, I hate the shoot out and I also didn't think much of the 4 on 4 format on the large ice surface.
But is there a fairer way to resolve ties? Because of various logistics including time and facility constraints, the IOC simply cannot afford NHL marathon overtime games. At least Olympic hockey has tried to adopt some NHL rules to try to avoid the shootout if at all possible, such as using 4 on 4 to provide more scoring chances and having a 20-minute overtime period for the gold medal game.

While the Olympics have adopted some NHL rules, they certainly didn't adopt everything. I'm sure among other reasons, one reason why Canada got the gold in 2002 is because Martin Brodeur was in goal and he's arguably the best goaltender with puck handling skills especially behind the net. He was definitely a good contributor the New Jersey Devils winning three Stanley Cups with him behind the net. Because the NHL didn't like goaltenders especially Brodeur having too much control behind the goal line the league instilled the trapezoid foul lines behind the net. The IOC didn't adopt that rule as well.
祝你龍年行大運。