2018 World Juniors

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Canada leading Finland the tournament favourites 4-2 after the 2nd period.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Canada remains undefeated beating Slovakia 6-0 tonight. Canuck prospect Jonah Gadjovich continues his fine play with another goal.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I watch the Juniors - Canada for sure but I also always enjoy the Spengler Cup and this year with Team Canada in it, it's proving more exciting than when NHLers were on the teams during the NHL Lockout.

Canada is now 2 and 0 and have a super game todays against Davos which will give them a bye.

They've got a real mixed group of guys vying for the Olympic team and ex NHLers like Mason Raymond as well as 4 NCAA young guys who look more than at home.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/spengle ... -1.4466843

Willie Desjardin, Scott Walker and DAve King coach the side.

The atmosphere is really something in that 8500 seat arena where they really love this tourney.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Canada leading the US 3-1 after 2 periods in the outdoor game. Conditions are terrible. So much snow on the ice. Practically impossible to make a long pass.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Canada loses to the US 4-3 in the shootout. Canada couldn't muster one goal in the shootout. Same script as last year. Disappointing.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Canada rebounds with a 9-0 win over Denmark to clinch top spot in their division.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Actually 8-0 but who is counting. :cheer:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

As many expected, Canada defeat the Swiss quite handily 8-2. They will now meet Czech on Thursday in one of the semi final. USA will meet Sweden in the other.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sweden leading USA 1-0 after the 2nd period on a goal by Canuck draft pick Elias Pettersen. US blew a 3-0 breakaway. Will that come back to haunt them ?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

3 goals in the 3rd period in a span of 2 minutes and 5 seconds two of them shorthanded did the US. Sweden advance to the Gold medal game tomorrow night.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Canada leading Czech 2-1 after one period on two power play goals.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Canada advances to the Gold medal game against Sweden tomorrow, following a 7-2 demolishing of Czech.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Good game by Canada. Final tomorrow should be a good one. I don't think the swedes should count on score two short handed goals again.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sweden outplaying Canada but Carter Hart coming up in goal to keep the game scoreless after the 1st period.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Wow, that's a first. The Swedish captain just took off his silver medal and threw it across the glass wall to the stands.

Someone in the audience caught it and I'm sure that will be a much better souvenir than a hockey puck that goes into the stands.

I know it's a repeat so many times, but it's worth mentioning again. Despite a demotion from 1st to 3rd, Team America are much more ecstatic with their bronze medalist than the crying Team Sweden players with their silver medals.

------------
Given the fact that for the first time since 1994 that NHL players will not be playing in the Winter Olympics, then it's quite possible that many of the same players will be playing for their respective countries in Pyeongchang. There might be a rematch next month, and ironically in 1994 when the players were not professionals, it was also Sweden vs. Canada with Sweden winning in a shootout.
Last edited by Robbie on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。