2023 MLB Season

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Going from one extreme yesterday to another today.....Royals lead 12-2 now and will take a 3-1 lead in the series. :dizzy:
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

One extreme to another extreme to another stream again as now the Blue Jays have a huge lead for game 5. Will that continue for game 6 and 7 in Kansas? :cr:
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Will Toronto do to Kansas City the way the Royals did to the Blue Jays years ago ? That is come back from a 3-1 deficit to take the series.
BC 1988
Legend

They could, depends entirely on their available pitching--both starters and middle relief. Too bad they left Buehrle off the playoff roster. Dickey looks like a real liability.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Will Toronto do to Kansas City the way the Royals did to the Blue Jays years ago ? That is come back from a 3-1 deficit to take the series.
Specifically, 30 years ago. In Greater Vancouver 30 years ago, while they were excited about the Blue Jays they were even more concerned about the Lions and whether they would win it all. The two consecutive losses to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and the injuries to Mervyn Fernandez and Keyvan Jenkins gave the Lions fans a huge scare. Fortunately the Lions came through that time with temporary relief from Ned Armour and Freddie Sims and they won the WDF + the Grey Cup.

The winner of the ALCS will play the New York Mets who last won the World Series 29 years ago in 1986 with help from one of the biggest and memorable defensive blunders in professional sports history.
[video][/video]
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Well, no Blue Jays in the World Series this year as they've been edged out by the Royals 4-3 in Game 6.

Royals vs. Mets - any favourites?
祝你龍年行大運。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

yahoo, blue jays lose

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Blew Jays, Blew Jays. No more talk about Canada's team. :yahoo: :yahoo:
BC 1988
Legend

Mets vs Royals is the first WS matchup with 2 (both post 1960) expansion teams.
I'm not a big baseball fan, but I'd like to see the Mets take it. KC is a good hitting team, but NY has some great pitching.
peeby
Starter

And... I'm off the bandwagon! Had tuned in for the first time since the Joe Carter days, memorized the Blue Jay players' names and positions, watched them at bat, etc. Now? Take your schtinkin' bez-ball and let's get back to knit-picking Wally Buono's work!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

BC 1988 wrote:Mets vs Royals is the first WS matchup with 2 (both post 1960) expansion teams.
I'm not a big baseball fan, but I'd like to see the Mets take it. KC is a good hitting team, but NY has some great pitching.
I would like to see someone get mad and take their balls home
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Recycling this thread. Toronto Blue Jays win the wild card playoff game courtesy of Edwin Encarnación's walk off home run and I'm sure Blue Jays fans are immediately reminded of 23 years ago.

Will you be rooting for the Blue Jays as Canada's team at the expense of rooting for a Toronto team? :juggle:
祝你龍年行大運。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:Recycling this thread. Toronto Blue Jays win the wild card playoff game courtesy of Edwin Encarnación's walk off home run and I'm sure Blue Jays fans are immediately reminded of 23 years ago.

Will you be rooting for the Blue Jays as Canada's team at the expense of rooting for a Toronto team? :juggle:
I have rooted against both the expos and blue jays as soon as they came to be.

nfl, mlb, and nba, don't belong in Canada

However, I am a fan of nfl as long as they don't come to Canada.

Totally bummed that jays won.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Apathy rules the day for me for the most part. I don't wish them ill but don't have a lot of investment. Was completely disgusted at the beer throwing incident in the Wild Card game however. I think this is the 3rd time in recent history that Jays fans have engaged in this kind of disgraceful behaviour. That can could have easily caused serious injury had it connected with the player. The racial comments as well are disgraceful. I hope they find the guy who threw the tin and it is about time the Jays and the city start talking loudly and often about appropriate fan behaviour. I think throwing a tin of beer at someone is assault with a weapon and people should be arrested and charged with that offense. Let's see how 30 days in jail would be for something like this. And maybe it is time to ban the can. If fans can't control themselves, then make em drink the swill that they serve out of the kegs.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
BC 1988
Legend

The Jays made quick work of Texas with a series sweep, but Cleveland just did the same to Boston. Both clubs have a long wait until the ALCS starts in Cleveland on Friday
On the one hand Toronto bats are back with a vengeance, on the other hand their pitching wasn't great. The scary head injury sustained by Liriano and Osuna's phantom shoulder tightness further clouds their prospects vs the Indians. The season series was won by Cleveland 4-3 and included an 19 inning marathon 2-1 victory on Canada Day.