Varsity AAA Championship

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Did anyone on here attend? Nice to see Marco Iannuzzi on the sideline. :thup:

One sided game between Vancouver College and Mt. Douglas from Victoria, with Mt. Doug dominating both sides of the ball and coasting to an easy 51-14 victory.

The difference was mostly 2 stud running back, the finesse running of Marcus Davis and power of Mason Swift. These guys were the difference makers. Davis is still just a Grade 11 student. :shock: He was virtually untouchable.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Saw the highlights. The running back for Mt. Douglas sure got moves and speed
Last edited by TheLionKing on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

I called it on TV.

I sure hope that Mason Swift lands at UBC. Their current offense is a good fit for him. They could even move him over to linebacker.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
David
Team Captain

Take this for what it's worth Jim, but a buddy and I attended the game because we didn't think it was televised. I could not find any listings in the paper, nor advertised anywhere. I may have gone anyway, but would not have minded catching your call on TV if I knew it was on (happy to support high school football though!).

Anyway, it would be good if Swift could play locally. He was absolutely dominant Friday (and it was Davis whom I assumed would steal the show. He did to a certain extent, but Swift was all over the field on both sides of the ball).

Mt. Doug will be bringing back a lot of Grade 11's next season, including Marcus Davis, so they could be an even bigger powerhouse than they were this year. :shock:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Tighthead
Legend

Jim,

I trust you did not slip into Island slang and call it Mt. Drug?