Lingerie Football

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I thought Abbotsford was granted a franchise. Whatever happened ? Did they go tits up ?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I thought Abbotsford was granted a franchise. Whatever happened ? Did they go tits up ?
OMG, I can think of something to say as a joke for an adult night club. Hmmmm ... OK I will say it.

Tits up? Panties down? (Hey, TLK started this, and it just got me thinking of wise cracks. LOL)

LIngerie football? Who the heck would watch that? Guys that look at lingerie ads? Umm ... Yeah ...

How long before this thread gets shunted off the front pages?
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I thought Abbotsford was granted a franchise. Whatever happened ? Did they go tits up ?
I have actually read a few pieces in local papers (vancouver courier, I believe). IIRC, they are getting started soon. I personally can not support (no pun intended) lingerie football. The women involved do seem to really like the game of football and this may be their only way into it. But even the business part of it smells a bit, IMO. Every player will be responsible for 25 tickets. IOW, you are buying 25 tickets, hope you make your money back. IIRC, the players themselves do NOT even get paid. So, IOW, the women get to be all dressed up in lingerie, taking all the risks accompanying this and they don't even get PAID. HMMMM, not interested. I would not be willing to prance around in my underwear infront of thousands of people (and even if I was willing, if I did laws would be enacted to prevent it from happening again, believe me). I respect female athletes like Sinclair etc... I think this is a cheap and demeaning way to see some women who really do love the game of football.

Apparently as in the CFL, the American aspect is funny. Americans are coming up to the training camp (no bra jokes please) and describing football jargon and protections that are leaving most of the Canadian women baffled. There are and will be some truly talented female players in this league. If there are people that want to go and support them, go have a blast. I can not. I will gladly go and see a women's football league play football. I have friends that are in female touch football leagues. I also want the women to get paid. If I have to pay to get in, why don't they get something for strapping on the pads (again, no pun intended)...........?
Stresd
Rookie

Watched it on the tube the other night and it was pretty good really..May go and take in the next game as its not far to go...The tv coverage kinda reminded me of watching wrestling or something and cheks production was more rookyish than the play of the teams
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I wasnt ever planning to pay any attention to this, but when I turned on my tv on sat, the previous weeks game was on, so I thought I would check it out.

First of all, the lingerie aspect is a non issue. The lingerie is not the flimsy see through kind as it couldnt stand up to the game and there would be janet jacksons all over the place. As well, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of women that can be found wearing more revealing "clothing" at beaches and swimming pools and parks and even walking down neighbourhood streets.

Second, the football was actually pretty good. Saw a couple of catches that are not always made in the CFL. BC angels have quite the running back wearing number 8, forgot her name. There were some great catches, great runs, great tackles and great throws.

My only complaint is that the game is played in arena, but with different rules than the arena league. Would love to see these girls dressed proper for outside, playing a full 60 minute game, on a larger field, if not an actual cfl field.

anyone who's main reason for going to these games is the lingerie, is pathetic to say the least.

anyone who has no interest mainly because of the lingerie aspect, well, could be you are missing out on something as a fan of football, any kind of football.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
notahomer
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:I wasnt ever planning to pay any attention to this, but when I turned on my tv on sat, the previous weeks game was on, so I thought I would check it out.

First of all, the lingerie aspect is a non issue. The lingerie is not the flimsy see through kind as it couldnt stand up to the game and there would be janet jacksons all over the place. As well, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of women that can be found wearing more revealing "clothing" at beaches and swimming pools and parks and even walking down neighbourhood streets.

Second, the football was actually pretty good. Saw a couple of catches that are not always made in the CFL. BC angels have quite the running back wearing number 8, forgot her name. There were some great catches, great runs, great tackles and great throws.

My only complaint is that the game is played in arena, but with different rules than the arena league. Would love to see these girls dressed proper for outside, playing a full 60 minute game, on a larger field, if not an actual cfl field.

anyone who's main reason for going to these games is the lingerie, is pathetic to say the least.

anyone who has no interest mainly because of the lingerie aspect, well, could be you are missing out on something as a fan of football, any kind of football.
I'm not at all surprised you found the football to be "actually pretty good". I gathered from reading articles about the league that a lot of the players really do love the game of football. I don't know who are 'american players' are but I don't doubt they are talented as well. Apparently they ask some questions about formations etc... that leads to some puzzled looks from their team-mates.

The season itself is not very long (4 games?). I think it was a big crowd for the opener for curiosity as much as anything else. I guess we'll see how it turns out......
BiggestLionsFan
prospect

where is the location/schedules? thanks.