Ullrich: VI Raiders boss hates the CIS

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Yet one more in the great long list of reasons why the Raiders have and always will suck. Except Andrew Harris of course ;)
Real women wear orange!!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Interesting article. I had never heard of the man.

But I did notice what Andrew Harris said about him:
"I can vouch that if I was getting paid [in junior] and had everything easy I probably would not be where I am now," said Harris, recruited by Blokker to come west from Winnipeg.

"It's kind of funny to hear what people think. If you're not hated you're not doing anything.

"Hadi and Snoop made me into the man I am. Coming out of high school I was a punk. I didn't trust anyone and thought everyone was against me. To this day I still look at Hadi and Snoop as father figures in my life."
Now I am going to have to check out that song The Autumn Wind.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

All I know is that the rat bastards stole off in the middle of the night, taking the Victoria team's uniforms and all with them.
Real women wear orange!!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Not sure how much truth the recruiting in the CIS would be that bad. Not sure that the sins at the scale of US college recruiters could be that bad as in the CIS they are no doubt very limited by what they can offer.

I recall the years when SFU gave scholarships to their varsity athletes and the holier than others in Canada were decrying them all the while using third party alumni aid that was then okay to bring in their top stars. I used to laugh at the starting players on a well known Atlantic univ. where they were all Americans at this small school with a then very successful basketball team. SFU was doing it over the table while others were clearly doing it in those days (70s) under the table.

Amateur sports is never far from politics it seems.

There are some great stories there on that link, Jim!
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Hadi Abassi sucks.

Raiders Suck.

Westshore Rebels Suck.

That Andrew Harris survived this monumental suckitude is a credit to him.

Ungrateful rat bastards in Nanimite will never get a dime of my money, because they suck.

Go Sun.

Sorry for being on the fence about this.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Tell us what you really think. :2cents:
Solar Max wrote:Hadi Abassi sucks.

Raiders Suck.

Westshore Rebels Suck.

That Andrew Harris survived this monumental suckitude is a credit to him.

Ungrateful rat bastards in Nanimite will never get a dime of my money, because they suck.

Go Sun.

Sorry for being on the fence about this.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.