Behavior Guidelines for Dez Bryant in place ...

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/terrell-ow ... --spt.html
Terrell Owens released by Allen Wranglers indoor team

The Associated Press – 20 hours ago.. .

ALLEN, Texas (AP) Terrell Owens has been released by the Allen Wranglers and lost his ownership stake in the Indoor Football League team.

The team says Owens didn't plan to play in two upcoming road games with possible playoff implications. The six-time Pro Bowl receiver also was a no-show for a scheduled appearance at a local children's hospital with other players and coaches.

Wranglers owner Jon Frankel said in a statement Tuesday that the team couldn't keep a player like Owens when fans were noticing and commenting about a ''lack of effort both on and off the field.''

The 38-year-old Owens didn't get any NFL offers to play last season after surgery on his left knee. He had 35 catches for 420 yards and 10 touchdowns while playing eight of Allen's 11 games.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

This is not a surprise. There is a pattern. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck ...
The team says Owens didn't plan to play in two upcoming road games with possible playoff implications. The six-time Pro Bowl receiver also was a no-show for a scheduled appearance at a local children's hospital with other players and coaches.

Wranglers owner Jon Frankel said in a statement Tuesday that the team couldn't keep a player like Owens when fans were noticing and commenting about a ''lack of effort both on and off the field.''
"The team says Owens didn't plan to play in two upcoming road games with possible playoff implications."

"The six-time Pro Bowl receiver also was a no-show for a scheduled appearance at a local children's hospital with other players and coaches."

"fans were noticing and commenting about a lack of effort both on and off the field.''

One of the all time sulks in pro sports. But, Hey, Jerry Jones went for his act. LOL Bill Parcells would not even comment on him by name. He would answer questions about him by saying "the player ... " LOL
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

there is always the possibility that he has suffered too many hits to the head and his behaviour is affected by it. Ya never know.

Not that I am a fan of his, but just sayin.

People are so quick to judge, possibly without knowing all the facts.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:there is always the possibility that he has suffered too many hits to the head and his behaviour is affected by it. Ya never know.

Well he has been a self centered prima donna since he joined the 49ers about 20 years ago. Too fast to judge? LOL All the facts one needs regarding him is to watch him at one of his press conferences.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:there is always the possibility that he has suffered too many hits to the head and his behaviour is affected by it. Ya never know.

Well he has been a self centered prima donna since he joined the 49ers about 20 years ago. Too fast to judge? LOL All the facts one needs regarding him is to watch him at one of his press conferences.
but apparently, his behavior lately is worse. One cant be sure why.
MikeAK
All Star

KnowItAll wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:

but apparently, his behavior lately is worse. One cant be sure why.
His behavior today isn't any worse then it was. The main difference today is that he can't produce on the field so people/teams are not so willing to sweep his BS under the rug and make excuses for him. Plus social media has expanded to the point where nothing escapes the public eye. This guy has been a self-centered diva since he came into pro sports.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

oh well. Go Devils
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Let's hope this will be the last time we hear of Terrell Owens
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I never liked how TO would gripe at his QB's. It was always somebody elses fault as to why success wasn't happening. I really thought he'd turned a corner when he & Donovan Mcnab did some things together for the Eagles but he blew that up too.

I doubt this will be the last we'll hear of TO. I liked his effort in the Eagles loss in the Superbowl but thats that. Maybe a NFL team has put out feelers....? Hope not...
notahomer
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:I never liked how TO would gripe at his QB's. It was always somebody elses fault as to why success wasn't happening. I really thought he'd turned a corner when he & Donovan Mcnab did some things together for the Eagles but he blew that up too.

I doubt this will be the last we'll hear of TO. I liked his effort in the Eagles loss in the Superbowl but thats that. Maybe a NFL team has put out feelers....? Hope not...
:dizzy: Ugghh, the Seahawks are apparently so desperate they have taken the plunge. I'm guessing his helmet size will have to get a bit smaller. So far he's made an 85K signing bonus but his contract is guaranteed as a Vetran if he makes the opening day roster.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Let's hope this will be the last time we hear of Terrell Owens
Guess not. Is the Seahawks really that desperate ?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

When will he go away?

All those yards and TDs though. Teams are tempted. But I do not think he ever contributed to a winning team attitude.

Jerry Jones liked him. Bill Parcells didn't. 'Nuff said.

Parcells would not refer to him by name in press conferences. He would say " the player". LOL
notahomer
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:When will he go away?

All those yards and TDs though. Teams are tempted. But I do not think he ever contributed to a winning team attitude.

Jerry Jones liked him. Bill Parcells didn't. 'Nuff said.

Parcells would not refer to him by name in press conferences. He would say " the player". LOL
All good points and laughs, WCJ. I'm going to follow Parcell's lead from now on when referring to 'the player'.

What disturbs me is so much of what got 'the player' to the NFL is also what makes him so annoying, IMO. 'The player' has admitted he really is financially struggling right now but I also think he does love the game, just not quite as much as he loves 'the player'. :cool:

The Seahawks have done this a few times lately. Jerry Rice spent some twilight time in the Emerald City. Edwards and 'the player' will do so now too. I'm not an expert in french but L'argent is the word for money, IIRC, no its not too surprising that the most famous Seahawk was Steve Largent. Hopefully these two vets will help them but I think this will be another tough season for the Seahawks......
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Seahawks and Pete Carroll are going to be fined under the collective bargaining agreement for allowing 'the player' to practice without waiting a three day period where a player is suppossed to adjust to being on the team Go figure....
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Seahawks and Pete Carroll are going to be fined under the collective bargaining agreement for allowing 'the player' to practice without waiting a three day period where a player is suppossed to adjust to being on the team Go figure....
LOL

Trouble just follows "the player" around, waiting to happen.