Canadian Sports Announcers and Reporters: Good and Bad

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Off the top of my head ...

I have to say I kind of like some of these announcers, commentators ...

James Duthie

Greg Sansone

Dave Randorf

Mauro Ranallo

even, the raging Red Head, Cam Stewart, who is hyperactive (like he had 20 cups of coffee)

When Tim Micallef started announcing his stylized delilvery was so slow it drove me (and others) crazy. Now he is not so bad.

Gerry Dee is just very annoying. I don't watch him. He strikes me like a wannabe Cabbie Richards, and Cabbie is a wannabe sports star.

Don Taylor and Dave Pratt (when he was there) had a very short shelf life for me ... they tried so hard to fill air time they ended up talking about anything under the sun. I have always enjoyed Taylor's sports news at nite though, even though it is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Some of the other annoying twits I do not know their names since I change channels as soon as they are on.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David Pratt is annoying particularly his tendency of repeating himself. He's now with CKNW
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Barry Delay is my favourite local sportscaster (won a lottery last year too, IIRC).
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Barry Delay is my favourite local sportscaster (won a lottery last year too, IIRC).
Agreed. Squire Barnes is irritating with his constant references to musical artists and movies. Maybe he should seek a career change and move to Entertainment Tonight
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

A good one like Rod Black:

SHORT HOPS: One-time CKNW sports director Jim Mullin has plenty on his plate with a weekly 30-minute Canadian college football show on Shaw TV that runs from September through the end of November. Mullin also enters his seventh year as play-by-play broadcaster for Çanada West Football game-of-the-week features on Shaw. His colour commentators are former CFLer Daved Benefield and Vancouver College grad Laurence Nixon, who quarterbacked the Saskatchewan Huskies.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Spor ... z21DtmCxwK
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy