Well

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Listening to Team 1040, the fans are royally pissed off. Fire the coach and GM, trade Luongo etc.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Vigneault does bear some responsibility for the first couple of games with his defensive proclivities. But then again so does Gillis. Just how useful were Kassian and that other defenceman during this run? The Hodgeson trade took a player with some offensive ability and replaced him with two players who were in the press box by game 5.

I think the following players need to go.

Raymond
Kesler (at least as a 2nd line centre)
Luongo or Schneider
Not too fond of Lapierre
Would like to keep Higgins but he doesn't do enough either.

I would be in favour of trying to get some assets in return for these obviously but that isn't always easy. In short, the Canucks have to get bigger and faster. They looked slow next to the Kings and couldn't seem to win many battles for the puck when it counted.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

if schneider goes, I go with him, and the Canucks become my most hated team. They dont have to tear this team totally apart, they just need to get something really good for luongo, and change a couple of other players. Look at the flyers with all their young talent. Canucks need to get some of that.

Letting schneider go would be worst than letting cam neely go.
Last edited by KnowItAll on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Seeing the Canucks gone this early will make Vancouver an interesting place this spring. Last year the streets and busses were a sea of Canucks jersies until June, I'm guessing they'll be put away in most peoples closets for a few months. I don't think the Kings are going to go that far. Perhaps this next series will do it for them. IOW, I think it was a balance of good goaltending by Quick and doing just enough to win by the kings. Like to see Willie Mitchell have success but think Hitch's Blues win this series and end up representing the conference in the finals (jumping ahead a couple series of course).

Kesler just seemed off this spring. Last year it seemed like he hoisted the team on his back and had me saying "WHY ISN"T HE THE CAPTAIN!?!?!?!?). Now, I can see why. Guess this off-season will be an interesting one to digest.....
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Who's posting the columns by whiney Tony Gallagher that will go on and on calling for the most successful coach in the clubs history to be fired and run out of town?

This was a classic situation where the new LA coach had enough time to prep them for playoffs and the Canucks delivered enough of a stumble out of the gates with their hurt Sedin star that the Kings weren't going to cave and let them back in.

The final part of the season too sounded like the Canucks were tailing off and not hitting their top form at the playoffs.

At least they won't have the police and courts tied up with a new set of rioters.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Interesting that the Canucks have called a press conference for tomorrow with Mike Gillis. No Vigneault. Let the speculation begin
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Caught some of the pressers. Luongo certainly sounded reasonable, seems to realize he may not be back. Gillis hinted some more that the Hodgson trade was more than we will ever know and he is going to respect Hodgson's privacy (but didn't by even bringing it up). Liked all the Canucks refusing to accept the 'excuse' card. There were good reasons to try and play it but why bother. Lots of players are banged up and injured on lots of teams. The lore of Bobby Baun playing on his broken foot is what these Stanley Cup playoffs are all about.

I'm going to enjoy this offseason. Seeing who/what/when/how is going to be fun to watch. Gillis has at least one more kick at the can, IMO. Points wise this is the best Canucks version yet, IMO. I enjoyed watching the other 'miracle' Canuck teams that also ended in playoff defeats (1982 and 1994).
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

As I suspected Kessler was playing injured since Feb. Will require shoulder surgery
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:Well, the Nucks are are done. I guess that means football season is around the corner. It was a very disappointing end for the Canucks but at least they are sharing the fate with some other teams of note. The Penguins, The Red Wings and with a little luck the Bruins, Hawks and the Rangers could be joining them. You have to wonder if this series might have looked a little different but for the Duncan Keith bs that kept a very good player out of the line up for the first 3 games. Even taking one of those first two games could have impacted the series quite a lot. A classless move by a player that I formerly wouldn't have considered classless.
So far the constellations are lining up. The mighty Bruins have fallen and so have the Hawks. If the Rangers could die a premature playoff death, then I won't feel so bad about the Canucks early ouster.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:Well, the Nucks are are done. I guess that means football season is around the corner. It was a very disappointing end for the Canucks but at least they are sharing the fate with some other teams of note. The Penguins, The Red Wings and with a little luck the Bruins, Hawks and the Rangers could be joining them. You have to wonder if this series might have looked a little different but for the Duncan Keith bs that kept a very good player out of the line up for the first 3 games. Even taking one of those first two games could have impacted the series quite a lot. A classless move by a player that I formerly wouldn't have considered classless.
So far the constellations are lining up. The mighty Bruins have fallen and so have the Hawks. If the Rangers could die a premature playoff death, then I won't feel so bad about the Canucks early ouster.
yeah, things are looking a lot better for the flyers. yeehaw :cr:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back