Bounty Hunting

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

Drew Brees took an interesting stand. Sounded kinda quiet due to his contract position. He's always been clearly behind his team-mates and the organization on this bounty issue but seemed to quiet a bit about it due to him being 'franchised'.

However, Drew filed an avadavit in federal court supporting his team-mate JVilma in his lawsuit. Shows real class in so many areas, IMO. He's standing up for his team-mate. He's standing up for his coach/organization. And really he doesn't HAVE to. Why get anywhere near a mud-fight when you are wearing white? But he has made a statment about his team-mate and also the fact the NFL hasn't really shown any evidence, in his opinion. Good for him, IMO.....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/f ... le4433508/
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Saints QB has more smack to toss the way of NFL commish Roger Goodell. Still a tough situation, IMO. Awfully confident barbs to be tossing towards the commissioner, IMO. "No body trusts him".

What I do think this says is Drew Brees is the purrfect leader to be heading a football team on the field who is facing these kinds of off the field challenges in this season where Vilma and Payton are suppossed to be suspended for the entire season.......

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... BmSfVJ5hqw
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Panel lifts suspensions on Vilma and three other Saints.

It seems to me however that Goodell made his point, especially with the Payton and defensive coach suspensions.

That is a bit crazy when a coach puts bounties on opponents. Of course the players will go for it. Modern day gladiators.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

The players are in a tough situation. I'm glad the suspensions got lifted. Not because I don't think people should be held accountable if they did something wrong but because, IMO, the NFL doesn't seem to have PROVEN their case. Kinda like Lance Armstrong. The rumours and accusations have followed the guy for years but wheres the PROOF? NFL football players may have a short career anyways so getting suspended for an entire season seems a bit stiff considering the levels of proof Vilma has said don't even exist. Drew Brees seems baffled that if this program happened why he hadn't heard about it. I'll be glad when this is behind the Saints and the NFL. Goodell has done a good job of sending the message. I wouldn't even remotely try something like this, it might cause my team a heck of a lot of trouble and it just ain't worth it. Besides that its ethically disgusting...., in my opinion anyways.