Canucks Shootout

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

1greatmysticbushape
Champion

what could the logic possibly be to not have at least one Sedin take a shootout everytime the Canucks go to a shootout? They have each won the frigging league scoring title the last two years running. They are the pride and face of our franchise. Who wouldn't want to see them do their stuff. What the hell gives?
It reminds me of that dumbass Crawford not letting Gretzky shoot in the Gold medal game of the 1998? Olympics. Who cares if he scores or not - he should be shooting. Painful.
Rammer
Team Captain

Did we win?
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

1greatmysticbushape wrote:what could the logic possibly be to not have at least one Sedin take a shootout everytime the Canucks go to a shootout? They have each won the frigging league scoring title the last two years running. They are the pride and face of our franchise. Who wouldn't want to see them do their stuff. What the hell gives?
It reminds me of that dumbass Crawford not letting Gretzky shoot in the Gold medal game of the 1998? Olympics. Who cares if he scores or not - he should be shooting. Painful.
Some players are not good at shootouts. Kris Letang doesn't score too many goals on 5 on 5 or power plays but is deadly on shootouts
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:Did we win?
no
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

They play today at noon
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

oh I've heard it all before that some guys arn't good on shootouts and I don't buy it in the case of the Sedins and especially not Gretzky. All I know is that Gretzky is the frigging all time scoring leader, will probably always be and he sits on the bench while Crawford taps Ray Bourque or some other shootout "expert" with the Gold Medal on the line. Who would you rather lose with? Yikes. Same goes for the Sedins as far as I'm concerned. They can score and have to put in there - first.
Rammer
Team Captain

1greatmysticbushape wrote:oh I've heard it all before that some guys arn't good on shootouts and I don't buy it in the case of the Sedins and especially not Gretzky. All I know is that Gretzky is the frigging all time scoring leader, will probably always be and he sits on the bench while Crawford taps Ray Bourque or some other shootout "expert" with the Gold Medal on the line. Who would you rather lose with? Yikes. Same goes for the Sedins as far as I'm concerned. They can score and have to put in there - first.
Actually, the way I see it, Daniel perhaps, but noway that Henrik gets a shootout opportunity.
Entertainment value = an all time low
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

I'm sure the Canucks have their reasons and it must be with the Sedins approval but I would like to see them do their thing a little more in the shootouts - its only for 1 point in a regular season game like whats the big deal. but I am having trouble getting over Crawford not letting Gretzky shoot in the Nagano Olympic shootout . . . oh well, gotta let it go
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

How to avoid the shootout ... Let Dallas score in overtime.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

1greatmysticbushape wrote:It reminds me of that dumbass Crawford not letting Gretzky shoot in the Gold medal game of the 1998? Olympics.
Just a point of clarification. It was not the gold medal game. It was the semi-final between Canada vs. Czech Republic, winner goes on to meet Russia who won the other semi-final against Finland. While Patrick Roy was good in the shootout by stopping all but one shooter (Robert Reichel) in the shootout, but Dominik Hašek is better by stopping all five Canadian shooters. Finland goes on to win the bronze medal game 3-2.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

damn Finland. wth won the gold medal? I'm guessing it wern't the Ruskies. you, Robbie, are on the ball and we need your opinion - the question is - should Gretzky have had a shot in a five shot shootout or not?