Official 2011 World Series Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/i ... -six-games
Rangers CEO Nolan Ryan says his club will win the World Series over the St. Louis Cardinals in six games.
Rangers back in the Series, after losing to the Giants last year.

No Yankees. No Red Sox. No Phillies. Any excitement?

Well, I expect I will watch some of the games, at least partially.

Chris Carpenter is a top Ace for the Cardinals. La Russa is an excellent Manager. Pujols is a Beast.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

There's got to be something better on television other than baseball. :wink: I do enjoy seeing the reaction of the fans in a tight game - praying, crossing their fingers, bowing their heads etc.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Albert Pujols tied Babe Ruth and Reggie Jackson, hitting three monstrous home runs in the game, as the Cardinals beat the Rangers 16 - 7.

Big Albert had 6 RBIs, tying the record of Bobby Richardson.

His five hits tied the record of Paul Molitor.

His 14 total bases set a new mark.

That is all. :wink:

It certainly looks like a hitters' Series.

I always find the World Series interesting. It is the only time I watch baseball.

Tony La Russa of the Cardinals is one of the absolute best ever Managers in baseball history. :thup:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Caught all the drama of game 6. Surprising to see the Cardinals be able to come back again and again. Nolan Ryan must just be frustrated. He had a glow and he knew the Rangers were just about ready to win BUT THEN THEY DIDN"T.

And today Tony laRussa called it a career. What a way to go out, IMO......
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Caught all the drama of game 6. Surprising to see the Cardinals be able to come back again and again. Nolan Ryan must just be frustrated. He had a glow and he knew the Rangers were just about ready to win BUT THEN THEY DIDN"T.

And today Tony laRussa called it a career. What a way to go out, IMO......
Great series.

Loved Nolan Ryan back in the day ...

Both teams worthy ...

Ya gotta love Tony La Russa though, Gheeezz ... a manager for the ages ... straight into the Hall of Fame