Johnny Canuck YouTube Video - You Must See This ...

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

MY NAME IS JOHNNY CANUCK

Johnny Canuck :thup:

I do hope we use Johnny Canuck as one of the team logos at some time in the future.

Go, Canucks.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... le2056847/
B.C. man’s ‘Johnny Canuck’ video promising to ‘ruin the bruin’ goes viral

The Canadian Press

Published Friday, Jun. 10, 2011 9:25PM EDT

Last updated Friday, Jun. 10, 2011 9:28PM EDT

A Kamloops man's video tribute to the Vancouver Canucks has gone viral less than 20 hours after he posted it online.

Thirty-eight-year-old Adam Mackay Smith wrote, directed and starred in the video, in which he portrays Johnny Canuck running through the forest and promising at the end to — quote — “ruin the bruin.”

He says he and his pals put the video together in the last 10 days after he decided his playoff beard made him look like Johnny Canuck.

Mr. Mackay-Smith says he's had non-stop emails and phone calls since the video appeared.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

The logo ...
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/2011 ... the-rescue
Johnny Canuck to the rescue

Johnny Canuck looking for bruins June 11, 2011

By MIKE YOUDS Daily News Staff Reporter

From a converted barn on the outskirts of Kamloops, Johnny Canuck shot to prominence on the web and TV screens across the country Friday, spurring on his team in the race for the Stanley Cup.

My Name is Johnny Canuck is a comical five-minute, high-definition video produced by amateur filmmaker Adam MacKay-Smith, who had no idea his little spoof would skate so far, so fast.

"It's pretty hilarious," he said. "It's on canucks.com right now."

The video, available on YouTube, was to be screened Friday night at Interior Savings Centre as the City hosted a public teleplay of the tie-breaking fifth game in the series, but that wasn't all. MacKay-Smith - who plays Johnny - was fielding media calls all day on the video, even from Hockey Night In Canada, which was to run a clip of it during the game broadcast.

"I grew up knowing the Recchis fairly well, so I'm torn," MacKay-Smith said of the intense rivalry between Vancouver and Mark Recchi's Boston Bruins. "That was the reason I did it - everyone is so emotional around the Canucks."

With the help of a half-dozen friends, he produced the video in about a week and posted it on the web Thursday two hours after it was finished. It cost them about $100 to make.

"It took longer to get the costumes," he said. "I had to hand weave my pom-pom on top of my tuque. If nothing else I learned to sew."

In the video, Johnny emerges from his barn -actually MacKay-Smith's residence - axe in hand, and swears that this is the season of seasons.

"Sometimes you feel like you've got nuthin' to live for, but not this year," he says to himself. "Now it's time to ruin the bruin. My name is Johnny Canuck. This is my year."

The character of Johnny Canuck is not new. He was originally created as a Canadian political cartoon in 1869 and later revived for a greater cause in the 1940s.

"He was a wartime comic book hero, Uncle Sam's cousin, and he fought Hitler," MacKay-Smith said. Johnny, with his trademark lumberjack shirt, was later picked up as a logo for the Vancouver Canucks.

MacKay-Smith may be an amateur, but he's not new to media production. He's worked on about 30 video games, including doing the introduction for NHL 1997. About 20 years ago, he and friends produced a weekly show called Euphoria Emporium on Community Cable 10.

"I still get recognition for that show. MTV ended up picking it up. Warner Brothers gave half a million dollars to make a movie," but that project became ensnared in lawsuits.

The filmmakers plan to return to Johnny Canuck shortly.

"We're going to do a different ending, depending on the outcome of the playoffs. Ideally, I'd love to do a series for the Canucks.
Ha ha

I first heard about this when I was reading some Boston newspapers reporting on the Stanley Cup Finals.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Funny and I like how the stick logo grows a Stanley Cup at the end (I think)....
seanpual123
prospect

Wow this video is good keep posting these type of videos thumbs up....
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

seanpual123 wrote:Wow this video is good keep posting these type of videos thumbs up....
From the video ... "Some years ya feel ya got nuthin' to live for ... " LOL ... Well, from Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, and from Luongo's funk, and from the start to this year, that sounds about the way some Canucks fans must be feeling ...

Come on, Guys. Get it into gear. :cheer:

JOHNNY CANUCK LOGO FOR ALTERNATE JERSEY !!!!!