Wally Buono endorses Tim Tebow, as athlete and Christian

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

I think a lot of this is the usual QB perspective: they get too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses. Bottom line is the Broncos are winning. If a team can find a way to shut him down, he'll have to adjust or dissappear. If he continues having success, maybe more evolution will occur in both NFL offences/defences adjusting to his success. If its working for the Broncos, why not try something similar too?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/much+ ... story.html

Wally Buono endorses Tim Tebows' faith.

For myself, I am not Christian, nor Muslim, nor Jewish, not even religious, but I do respect the faith that men such as Wally Buono and Tim Tebow have. It has helped them to live the lives they lead. Full power to them.

Not only that, but aside from his faith, Tim Tebow is just a winning athlete, even with all his mechanical faults. Good for him.

His biggest test is coming up this week. Against the Patriots. Ouch ... Could he? Seems impossible. But, with this guy, ya never know ...

What is the old saying: There are no atheists in foxholes. Kind of similar in football. Many, many Christian athletes.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I'm tired of hearing athletes giving credit for their success to God. Yeah right ! They often forget that there are athletes on the other line of scrimmage who also believe in God. Is God playing favourites by rewarding him and punishing the others ?
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I'm tired of hearing athletes giving credit for their success to God. Yeah right ! They often forget that there are athletes on the other line of scrimmage who also believe in God. Is God playing favourites by rewarding him and punishing the others ?
they are not giving God credit for winning a game. They are giving credit for their ability to play the game and contribute to team success. They are saying whatever success or good plays, whatever they accomplished on the field, is all about God, not them. They are saying they couldnt do what they do if not for God.

Sure, sometimes in the excitement of the moment they may phrase it wrong. buts its not what they mean.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

praise the lord and pass the tamborine
274always
All Star

Happy birthday Wally.......tomorrow. :wink:
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.