Monster Truck sells out in Atlanta; but not here

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Not just in Georgia, actually. :wink:

Well..maybe not fishing. But you could even the odds by giving the fis a 30-30.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

If one wants to drink beer it's probably cheaper to head to the bars than drink that swill they call beer at BC Place.
120dB
Legend

Yes Vancouver comes across to me as a sad city. People won't go to Monster Truck unless they can get drink in the stands...

Grizzlies leave town...

Indy Race goes to Edmonton... but good for Edmonton! I like Edmonton!

Fireworks will probably get cancelled...
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:Yes Vancouver comes across to me as a sad city. People won't go to Monster Truck unless they can get drink in the stands...

Grizzlies leave town...

horse feathers.

Why should more people go to monster truck than the average CFL attendance?

Grizzlies - good riddance to a very boring american thing

Indy - good riddance to pointless pollution. Air and noise.

Fireworks, a bunch of noisy lights. Whats the big deal with that. How many times does one need to see same old thing over and over again before it gets......old.

If you like these things, fine..but there is nothing wrong with Vancouver regarding these things.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

oh..and BTW...If the fireworks are lost this yr, its another thing to blame on the damn Olympics, grrr

Then there is the problem the Olympics is causing for Minor Hockey in Vancouver for next yr due to the sudden need to renovate Hockey Rinks.
Rammer
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:
120dB wrote:Yes Vancouver comes across to me as a sad city. People won't go to Monster Truck unless they can get drink in the stands...

Grizzlies leave town...

horse feathers.

Why should more people go to monster truck than the average CFL attendance?

Grizzlies - good riddance to a very boring american thing

Indy - good riddance to pointless pollution. Air and noise.

Fireworks, a bunch of noisy lights. Whats the big deal with that. How many times does one need to see same old thing over and over again before it gets......old.

If you like these things, fine..but there is nothing wrong with Vancouver regarding these things.
I don't really care to view NBA on TV, as generally the games are won and lost in the final two minutes, at least the ones worth watchng are. However that said, did you ever go to a game live KIA, it is a night and day sporting experience. They keep the tempo going throughout the game and quite honestly has much better flow to it than a CFL game.
Entertainment value = an all time low
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

and quite honestly has much better flow to it than a CFL game.
bite yer tongue......and turn in your section 17 membership

Next thing, you be telling us that ping pong has better flow. I can see it now, 35000 plus in BC Place to watch the National Ping Pong championship, and 120b complaining cause the place isnt full and they are not noisy enough :yes:

hmmm. I just realized why 120b likes fireworks....heck guy, you dont need the real thing, just buy a CD of the sounds of previous fireworks, or special affects from movies, etc :wink:
Rammer
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:

Next thing, you be telling us that ping pong has better flow. I can see it now, 35000 plus in BC Place to watch the National Ping Pong championship, and 120b complaining cause the place isnt full and they are not noisy enough :yes:

hmmm. I just realized why 120b likes fireworks....heck guy, you dont need the real thing, just buy a CD of the sounds of previous fireworks, or special affects from movies, etc :wink:
Please call it Table Tennis. Your Ping Pong does not measure up to Table Tennis, watch for the tournament nearest you.
Entertainment value = an all time low
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:

Please call it Table Tennis. Your Ping Pong does not measure up to Table Tennis, watch for the tournament nearest you.
was a time I could have played in that tournament, so very long ago...sigh