Super Bowl XLI

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who will you be cheering for in the Super Bowl?

Chicago Bears
17%
Indianapolis Colts
59%
I don't know
No votes
I don't care
24%

Total votes: 29
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Chicago Bears vs. Indianapolis Colts

Feb. 4th on CBS.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Colts all the way, but I have strong doubts.

They said the patriots were fighting the flu. If that affected their game, then maybe they were still the better team and more likely to win the SB. Also, if they were sick, well, all that close contact may start the bug spreading thru the colts. Will they then be fighting the bug during the SB. That will suck big time.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I think this will a blow out. Have no faith in Grossman.
CB123
Legend

Well considering my first choice (the Saints) are out, and my second choice (the Pats) are also out, I think im gonna go with the Colts. but I dont really care anymore lol.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Colts, and the Super Bowl Commercials better live up to their hype, never seen the American ones before and will this year thanks to HDCBS:P
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Robbie
Hall of Famer

When the BC Lions were in the playoffs, there was much discussion about the battle of the mascots. For the WDF, it was Leo vs. Gainer and then for the Grey Cup, it was Leo vs. Touche and Blitz.

For the Super Bowl, it will be the Colts' Blue the Mascot vs. the Bears' Staley Da Bear.

Image vs. Image

There is also a similarity between this year's Super Bowl and last year's with regards to the cheerleaders in that there will only be those of one team. Like last year's Pittsburgh Steelers, the Chicago Bears are one of seven NFL teams that do not have cheerleaders.

The Indianapolis Colts have cheerleaders, and here are three pictures of them in their multiple uniforms.

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Those cheerleaders look to be in the mid to late twenties. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :wink:
Bosco
Team Captain

Robbie wrote:Blue the Mascot
[img]]
There's an obvious joke in there that....nah....I better leave that one alone! :lol:
Rammer
Team Captain

I am going for the underdog for two reasons, they are the underdog and that Ayanbadejo has a chance to win the SB. He was involved with another fumble on a ST tackle in the game that was a close call as to whether the returner was down or not, but the Bears got the call. In fact the Bears seemed to get a few calls in that game.

As for Grossman, he will be vastly overmatched to his opposite signal caller, but the Bears only real chance of winning revolves around their D and we have seen Payton off his game in a playoff game or two in the past. The Bears D could do this as well, but will have to count on the O to eat some time up in order to remain fresh.
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I want to see Peyton win so we have one less "he's good but he's never won the big one" club-member. Defence wins championships so the Bears have a chance. Being a Seahawks fan last year was a great year to watch the Superbowl but I actually like how this one is setting up. I'll be cheering for the Colts and think they'll win too.

Quote Rammer:...Ayanbadejo has a chance to win the SB.

I also won't be sorry to see him get a ring and wonder if Griese will get a chance to play but I think he will only if Grossman gets injured.
LFITQ
Team Captain

I'll probably be watching.

As for who wins, I probably fall more into the category of not caring. Be nice if Ayanbedajo can get a ring, so I'll be cheering for HIM.

I am a little sick of seeing Peyton Manning's face all over the TV. I mean good for himto be getting all those deals and such, so no knock on him, it's just it would be nice to see some fresh faces ...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I think this will a blow out. Have no faith in Grossman.
Hmm... funny me but I thought I heard a fairy once tell me defense wins championships.

Or maybe I'm just nutz....
D
Team Captain

Defence wins Championships .... Da Bears

I own The Grey Cup! .com
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Let's wait and see if Indianapolis mayor Bart Peterson and Chicago mayor Richard Daley will engage in a friendly wager on the outcome of the Super Bowl.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

That's a given.