Official: BC at Saskatchewan Game Day Thread June 13, 2008

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

It's game day!! How good does it feel to be able to say that again?
november can't come soon enough.jpg
It may only be the pre-season, but anytime is a good time to kick some gopher ass!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
757hokiegirl
prospect

Hey y'all-

I don't know if anyone can help me, but I thought I'd give it a shot! I am in the USA (Florida) and was wondering if it's possible to listen to the game tonight? If so, how would I go about doing that?! I've searched all over and can't figure it out! I really can't miss this!!

Thank you!

Happy Game Day! :)
[fade]"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the one's you did. Explore, dream, discover."
Mark Twain
[/fade]
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

757hokiegirl wrote:Hey y'all-

I don't know if anyone can help me, but I thought I'd give it a shot! I am in the USA (Florida) and was wondering if it's possible to listen to the game tonight? If so, how would I go about doing that?! I've searched all over and can't figure it out! I really can't miss this!!

Thank you!

Welcome, hokiegirl.

Go to http://www.team1040.ca, and choose live streaming, or cfax1070.com (less traffic so less buffering) at 8 pm Eastern, and you will hear Rick and Guilio in all of their glory.
Rammer
Team Captain

757hokiegirl wrote:Hey y'all-

Thank you!

Welcome 757hokiegirl

The team the Lions are playing are a tough defensive team and give us the most difficulty of any team in the league. With that said, it is only the first pre-season game, so there will be lots of new faces trying to make each team. Enjoy the game on the radio, all of us have to likewise.

Hoki! Hoki! Hoki Hy!
Tech! Tech! V.P.I.!
Sola-Rex Sola-Rah
Polytech-Vir-gin-i-a!
Rae, Ri, V.P.I.
Entertainment value = an all time low
757hokiegirl
prospect

Thank y'all so much!! I'll be sure to log on to one of those websites tonight! I'm cheering for one of those newbie lions, so hopefully he does well :)

PS- Do we have another Hokie Fan on here?! That's very exciting :) haha
[fade]"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the one's you did. Explore, dream, discover."
Mark Twain
[/fade]
Zarquon
Champion

757hokiegirl wrote:Thank y'all so much!! I'll be sure to log on to one of those websites tonight! I'm cheering for one of those newbie lions, so hopefully he does well :)

Which one?
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
David
Team Captain

So the players are finally leaving behind close to two weeks of dark clouds, intermittent rain showers and cool temperatures in Abbotsford. Guess where they're headed? To Regina.....to more dark clouds, intermittent rain showers, and cool temperatures. :sigh:

Regina weather

The good news is that the forecast improves considerably here for next week. Here's hoping there aren't any bad groin pulls or muscle tears tonight. :cr:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Bosco
Team Captain

David wrote:Here's hoping there aren't any bad groin pulls or muscle tears tonight. :cr:
That's also a wish for Lionbackers, as well! :roar:
757hokiegirl
prospect

Zarquon wrote:
757hokiegirl wrote:Thank y'all so much!! I'll be sure to log on to one of those websites tonight! I'm cheering for one of those newbie lions, so hopefully he does well :)

Which one?

Stefan Logan :)
Mark Twain
[/fade]
Zarquon
Champion

757hokiegirl wrote:
Zarquon wrote:

Which one?

Good stuff. He has been receiving some really good press up here and I think he has a real shot at making the team at least on special teams. I'm personally looking forward to seeing him in action back here in BC next week.
Zarquon
Champion

David wrote:So the players are finally leaving behind close to two weeks of dark clouds, intermittent rain showers and cool temperatures in Abbotsford. Guess where they're headed? To Regina.....to more dark clouds, intermittent rain showers, and cool temperatures. :sigh:

Regina weather

The good news is that the forecast improves considerably here for next week. Here's hoping there aren't any bad groin pulls or muscle tears tonight. :cr:

DH 8)
The weather network is a little more optimistic.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

With three of four starting d-lineman staying home (all-stars Johnson, Wake Williams) and our best LB as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see Crandall and the Riders first unit look all-world in the early going.

Jarious is getting the start but without Simon, Smith and two starting two o-lineman (Murphy, Sherko) this could be a disadvantage against the Riders first unit D.

If Buck is facing mostly Rider rookies for his turn, he could light them up. I hope Wally flip flops it the other way next week against the Stamps so both QBs face the same challenges.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

is LION82 Playing?
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Rammer
Team Captain

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:is LION82 Playing?
He is on the roster, and it is in Regina, you bet he is.
Rammer
Team Captain

757hokiegirl wrote:
Zarquon wrote:

Which one?

Lots of articles on Logan for you to read if you interested at CFL.ca or here http://communities.canada.com/theprovin ... fault.aspx