HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Charlene

pinkfreud wrote:
Charlene wrote:You know how when you're hungover and you're supposed to drink a beer or two in the morning to feel better?

Well i'm eating more candy to make my sugar hangover go away.

Is that bad?

:lol:
Only if you're diabetic. Boy, you better stabilize that blood sugar before Saturday's game or you're going to be lashing out at the nearest Roughrider fan.

:lol:
If i'm near anyone like the last Roughrider fan i sat next to...it would be my pleasure :twisted:
Charlene

CatsEyes wrote: Nope!

High five on that one! Mmmm Candy! heehee
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

"What's the fascination with fireworks here?" I have no idea - did they originate in Asia (stronger Asian influence here)?
This makes sense.

I've experienced 3 Chinese New Years while living in China and it is almost undescribable the noise level from firecrackers/fireworks for about 30 minutes each side of midnight on Chinese New Year.

The Chinese believe firecrackers/fireworks scare away evil spirits and they use them extensively for weddings, openings of new businesses,etc.......
Lloyd
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:
Solar Max wrote: Maybe we Ontario folk are either too boring not to like the fireworks thing, or too imaginative because we found much better things to do.
They're huge back there.... watcha talkin' about?
We had fireworks on May 24th weekend, and July 1... That was it. And nobody got to buy them from a store. You needed a permit to blow your hand off back home.
Lionheart wrote:Kids just love blowin' things up. Living here in the land of plenty, we're all just big kids.
I must be getting old. Loud noises are now bothersome. Instead of blowing it up, could you just push it over instead?
Lionheart wrote:Why does the "Flame" light his head on fire wearing rider colours?
You just answered your own question. He was a 'Rider fan.
Lionheart wrote:Why is there fireworks on top of goal posts after touchdowns?
In Ottawa and Montreal, there never were. Setting fire to things makes them much less useful, usually. In Ottawa, we had a horse that raced around the field like the one in Calgary does, but he passed on.
Lionheart wrote:Why o' why did we invent matches?
Because rubbing two Boy Scouts together became politically incorrect. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Lionheart wrote:I had a pretty big fireworks show just out my window here last night.
Thought you said you were going to call the cops if your neighbours did that thing with their curtains open again?
pinkfreud

Solar Max wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Why o' why did we invent matches?
Because rubbing two Boy Scouts together became politically incorrect. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
:lol: Without matches, those boy scouts wouldn't be lighting any fires. My husband is a scout leader, and they get a badge now if they can light a fire using only one match!
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
"What's the fascination with fireworks here?" I have no idea - did they originate in Asia (stronger Asian influence here)?
This makes sense.

I've experienced 3 Chinese New Years while living in China and it is almost undescribable the noise level from firecrackers/fireworks for about 30 minutes each side of midnight on Chinese New Year.

The Chinese believe firecrackers/fireworks scare away evil spirits and they use them extensively for weddings, openings of new businesses,etc.......
I'm curious then -- does this fascination w/fireworks also exist in San Francisco, whose Chinatown is even larger than Vancouver's?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Dexter_h

i like fire works, it lights up the night
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Since some of you are talking about Remembrance Day already, I figured I will say Happy Halloween too as that is coming up in 10 days. Any of you doing anything special for Halloween this year?

I have a question that maybe some of you can answer if you have been to such games.

The Lions do not have a home game scheduled on Halloween this year, but they did in previous seasons. And this year, the Canucks have a home game against Nashville scheduled on Halloween night. For those of you who have attended a Lions or Canucks game on Halloween: Do many fans attending dress in Halloween costumes?
bbgirl
Legend

We're going to dress up for the Bombers game on the 28th. Rowr!
Dan Russell
Legend

bbgirl wrote:We're going to dress up for the Bombers game on the 28th. Rowr!
I'll be going as an Felion, but that is surely just for comfort reasons only. :lol: :lol:
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

It sounds like many people dress up for Canucks and Lions games on Halloween, and if there were a Leos game that night I'd be decked in Black and Orange inside BC Place, instead of being outside....brrr :wink:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
LFITQ
Team Captain

don't you usually dress up in the clown suit you call a Bomber's jersey when they are in town?? 8) :lol: :lol: :wink:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Robbie
Hall of Famer

An event to consider for those who like scary displays:

http://www.pottershouseofhorrors.com/
Robbie
Hall of Famer

For those of you who have kids, you can consider taking them on the Halloween Ghost Trains at either Lansdowne Centre or Stanley Park.
O'Shea

:beauty: All right Vanessa!!!

Rumor has it that a certain Devilish escapee from the valley and I, consummate nocturnal being that I am, might just might be in costume for the Bombers game on the 28th. :wink: