Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Yup :roar:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
LFITQ
Team Captain

D wrote:I love this pic and this kid to :yes:
[img]http://lionbackers.com/aconshoulders_300.jpg[/img]
Football and your kids - can it get any better??

Great pic D!
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
D
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote: Great pic D!
Credit Photog :yes:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
bc49
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Football and your kids - can it get any better??

Yep.
Football and NO kids. :thup:
Lionut
Hall of Famer

bc49 wrote:
LFITQ wrote:Football and your kids - can it get any better??

Yep.
Football and NO kids. :thup:
:lol: I think Tommy's new idol is W.C. Fields.

That is a great picture, D. Good God, your daughter is getting big! Kids have a habit of doing that, don't they? You're going to wake up one morning soon with her asking you for your keys, and you wondering where the last few years went...
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I know that some of you are fathers, and some of you have fathers that you look up to. How are you all planning to spend this day?

Are there any father-son bonding sports movies that really touched your heart? A search of the internet seems to bring up these three movies that have the biggest emotional impact even for most stoich adult men.

3. Rudy (1993)
Sean Astin as Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger and Ned Beatty as Daniel Ruettiger, Sr. who at first very negative, and throughout the film, he belittles Rudy and his dream to play football for Notre Dame.

2. The Champ (1979)
Divorced father and ex-boxing champ Billy Flynn (Jon Voight) decides to return to the ring one last time to gain the custody and respect of this son T.J. (Ricky Schroder), ultimately costing him his own life despite winning the bout.

1. Field of Dreams (1989)
It has been said that the scene at the end when Ray Kinsella (Kevin Costner) plays catch with his father (Dwier Brown) is totally priceless than will bring tears to any man's eyes.

[img]http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/pg2 ... ostner.jpg[/img]
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:I know that some of you are fathers, and some of you have fathers that you look up to. How are you all planning to spend this day?

Are there any father-son bonding sports movies that really touched your heart? A search of the internet seems to bring up these three movies that have the biggest emotional impact even for most stoich adult men.

3. Rudy (1993)
Sean Astin as Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger and Ned Beatty as Daniel Ruettiger, Sr. who at first very negative, and throughout the film, he belittles Rudy and his dream to play football for Notre Dame.

2. The Champ (1979)
Divorced father and ex-boxing champ Billy Flynn (Jon Voight) decides to return to the ring one last time to gain the custody and respect of this son T.J. (Ricky Schroder), ultimately costing him his own life despite winning the bout.

1. Field of Dreams (1989)
It has been said that the scene at the end when Ray Kinsella (Kevin Costner) plays catch with his father (Dwier Brown) is totally priceless than will bring tears to any man's eyes.

[img]http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/pg2 ... ostner.jpg[/img]
Jesue Robbie, you really had to dig to bring back this thread. I had to re check the date as I thought 49 had resurfaced.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

What.....no Oscar or Golden Globe pictures to support Field of Dreams or The Champ nominations?

Any word on what the Lions office staff are doing for Father's day?

:roll:
Last edited by West Coast Blue Fan on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Robbie
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:What.....no Oscar pictures to support the movies?
I think that one picture of Kevin Costner is enough.
Any word on what the Lions office staff are doing for Father's day?
The fathers will be spending time being honoured by their kids, and those with fathers will be spending time with them. :yes:
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

I received the BEST gift today.........a Happy Fathers Day call from Afghanistan, accompanied by the news that my son will be flying home this coming Wednesday. :rockin: :rockin: :s: :s: :rockin: :rockin:
Lloyd
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Wow, Lloyd! :rockin: :rockin: You must be proud, excited and thrilled all at once. I'm so happy for you!
Real women wear orange!!
Rammer
Team Captain

That is about as good a news as a father could have in today's world Lloyd. :thup: :yes:

As for a movie.....nothing traditional, but I would enjoy to watch a movie with my Dad that I haven't. The movie that I would like him to see with me is a River Runs Through It. It has some things in there that you can only feel and words would never justify them.
Entertainment value = an all time low
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

My dad got this for Father's Day, because the one he had before looked like it came over on the ark. Yes, I'm a good daughter! :wink:

Real women wear orange!!