Seen & Heard at 109th Grey Cup 2022

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

McLeod Bethel-Thompson a fierce advocate for the CFL speaks his mind in this JC Abott 3 Down Nation Article.

He should get away with this "fiery rant" that JC says targets the Commish. In my view it's fair comment and unless he's retiring courageous!
Given his character I'm sure it won't be a distraction.

This is KEY as well as speaking truth to the Commissioner:
“Let’s speak positive of the things that are going on. Let’s grow this thing together,” he stressed. “It’s everyone pull the rope and let’s make this thing go, because it’s a special league.”
How MBT sees the NFL:
“There’s a top 20 percent of the NFL that are freak daddies, no doubt. The Aaron Donalds of the world, freak daddies, right? And there’s the middle 60 percent just like us — I was there, just like me — and there’s a bottom 20 percent where it’s like, bruh, you would get cut from a CFL team.”

“That’s the talent level, right? But the narrative around that is, ‘Oh my god, it’s the NFL. Oh my god, it’s juiced up, it’s full of people.’ We don’t do that up here. We talk about the negatives. We find ways to drag each other down. It’s like crabs in a barrel.”
MBT is saying what is true about the talent level.

My own view is that 3 Down Nation is my first go-to resource for all things CFL.
TSN has great CFL analysts and video but it'd be great if it were coordinated and funded.

https://3downnation.com/2022/11/17/it-s ... arratives/
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy