WSF Calgary vs BC Nov 6

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions are offering same-day chartered bus transportation to and from the game for fans in the Interior and Fraser Valley. The bus-only fare for ticketholders in Kamloops is $30, which includes dropoff and pickup at the stadium. That’s a steal compared to other transportation options. My parking pass alone at the stadium cost $25.50. I was planning to drive down on Saturday, spend two nights with family and drive home Monday but I’m tempted to take up this offer.

https://www.bclions.com/interiorandfras ... layoffrun/
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:15 pm
Can't help but wonder if this number would be slightly higher if the club didn't lay an egg in its last game of the season in Winnipeg.

DH :cool:
Maybe for me it's not so much what the Lions didn't do (although I felt they should have not taken the game that lightly) vs the Bombers as much as the way that the Bombers and Stamps played their last games with both those teams clearly showing they're ready for playoffs and both sent a message.

It's safe to say the Stamps looked/acted like they were closer to peaking for the playoffs than BC.

I liked the decision to practice in BC Place from Thursday to the Saturday walk-through. I'm not always sure that the usual day before home games walk-through is as productive as this schedule can be for BC.

Maybe it was fear of bad outdoor weather although I hope it was based on getting acclimated to executing on the field they'll play on.

I'm not ready to say it's a slam dunk for either team though.

I like to be positively optimistic that the right Lions team will turn up in what is now is the most important game of the year.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Gravy game. Didn't expect Rourke back. 5-9 last year and looked horrid for most of it.

As much as I bi*ch I am so happy meaningful football is back in BC in November. Kudos Lions.

Got my ticket. I'm going to have a few pops and enjoy regardless. Just give me a competitive game
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Lion Guy wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:33 pm
Gravy game. Didn't expect Rourke back. 5-9 last year and looked horrid for most of it.

As much as I bi*ch I am so happy meaningful football is back in BC in November. Kudos Lions.

Got my ticket. I'm going to have a few pops and enjoy regardless. Just give me a competitive game
:whs:

House money at this point for sure. This franchise has made huge strides on and off the field. Future is very bright. From 5-9 to 12-6 yet nothing really said about last year’s winner O’Shea being a finalist coach of the year again over Campbell.
Ironically Stamps beat writer Danny Austin said he voted for Campbell.
yukonlion
All Star

Yes win or lose, what an improvement over last year! Decided to make my yearly sojourn to BC Place from Dawson City. See you at the game!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Tough news on the injury front. Joel Figueroa has been ruled out for Sunday, along with Lucky Whitehead. Obum Gwacham is questionable.

SammyGreene
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:53 pm
Tough news on the injury front. Joel Figueroa has been ruled out for Sunday, along with Lucky Whitehead. Obum Gwacham is questionable.

Damn!! Of course they get burned not sitting any of their key linemen in last week’s mean nothing game.
Not understanding the ratio situation regarding Gwacham & Tuehema. If Gwacham can go Tuehema is far more valuable than dressing Bruce Anderson as a back-up RB. Baron replaced Bonner’s spot so that was a wash.
mightybuck
Legend

Good luck to the Lions this week. I hope you all enjoy a win.

Mod edit - merging post with the main WSF thread to keep it all uniform. Thanks.
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have changed seven players on their roster this week, including several changes to their starting lineup as a result of injuries.

With Joel Figueroa out of the lineup for the first time this year, Jarell Broxton slides out to left tackle and Phil Norman returns at left guard after missing two games. In the receiving corps, Bryan Burnham returns from injury to his familiar slotback position, while Keon Hatcher slides out to boundary WR to replace the injured Lucky Whitehead. Alexander Hollins remains as field WR. Mario Villamizar returns as backup fullback and special teamer, which allows the Lions to drop backup RB Bruce Anderson. Jacob Scarfone also returns from injury as backup WR.

On defence, Sione Teuhema returns as DE to replace the injured Obum Gwacham. TJ Lee returns from injury as field halfback, while Jalon Edwards-Cooper slides out to cornerback. The Lions also shuffled their linebacking corps again, with Ben Hladik stepping back in as starting middle linebacker. Jordan Williams slides out to weakside linebacker, backed up by Bo Lokombo. Hakeem Johnson, who started at cornerback last week due to injury, is dropped from the game-day roster and moved to the injured list.

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/w ... SF-CGY.pdf
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Some Lions in the Shark Club this afternoon. Also a few patrons sporting Lion colours. Greene and Adams left a while ago. Lucky and Hatcher just left. Lucky is sporting a walking boot.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:09 pm
Some Lions in the Shark Club this afternoon. Also a few patrons sporting Lion colours. Greene and Adams left a while ago. Lucky and Hatcher just left. Lucky is sporting a walking boot.
Is that a good sign? LOL.

What was the ad in Vancouver where the fans would change the line "where the players go before the game"?
SammyGreene
Team Captain

At last game day on a wintery west coast morning.

Crazy to think we lost 3 starters in a mean nothing game last week. Although I don’t blame them for testing Whitehead as he can’t be that vulnerable in a playoff game. Would 1 week really have made a difference wIth a chronic injury?

How aggressive will Phillips be today with his play calling? Are you dialling up some run blitzes to deal with Carey or try to rattle Meier as he deals with hopefully a lot of crowd noise as well in his first playoff start?
Just don’t want to see them sitting back in a soft zone all afternoon.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Lets' Go!!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Here's hoping that BC can contain the run and Rourke and BC can get it going early on.

TSN had Lapolice showing the Calgary run game that eat up a lot of yards vs BC.

Dominic Rhymes off season featured from his youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzLIh_ ... DlrtRHjYLQ
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Moments from kick off. I haven’t felt this way (a mix of nervous and excited) since 2011.