Lions at Bombers Oct. 28, 2022

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have bolstered their starting offence to support Nathan Rourke in his return from surgery for the regular season finale Friday in Winnipeg. Lucky Whitehead returns from injury at the boundary WR spot and impressive rookie Alexander Hollins moves to the field WR position that had been occupied by national Jacob Scarfone. Fullback David Mackie also returns from injury. The starting offensive line remains unchanged from the past two weeks, with Jarell Broxton at left guard.

The Lions have made several changes on defence. Obum Gwacham and Josh Banks return to the starting DL, while Jalon Edwards-Cooper returns and fills in at halfback for TJ Lee. Hakeem Johnson replaces Tyneil Cooper at corner, backed up by Adrian Greene.

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Interesting to see Broxton stay at LG with Norman not returning. I thought Broxton might see some action at LT in order to give Figerola a rest but I also think Broxton did a great job filling in for Norman and maybe he has graded out better than Norman.
squishy35
Legend

Tyneil Cooper has played well for the past couple of games.
Islander
prospect

I was interested to see if Delvin Breaux would get any game action at all this week. He was marked as a full participant in practice this past week but is not in the lineup against the Bombers. I'm hoping that is just extra maintenance before he suits up in the Western Semi next week. With him in the lineup I feel like we are the best secondary, with the most depth in the CFL.
MacNews
Team Captain

I hope we win tomorrow and feel that we should. 13-5 is nothing to sneeze at.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Picks on 3 Down for this weekend. This is an amazing statistic yet somehow I can't see Collaros not winning this award.
It's not a rule as I suspect it's never happened before that a guy doesn't play half the regular season games and has stats like this one:

"ABBOTT: Rourke needs just three total touchdowns to tie Collaros in combined scoring despite only playing nine games. Tell me again who the M.O.P is.

Straight-up: LIONS. Against the spread: LIONS."

Collaros in context shows just how good their overall team play was this season as they always had STs and DEF to play effectively such that Collaros didn't have to shoot the lights out and in the few games this year - he didn't.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Pass to Mackie!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rourke looking sharp
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Decent drive. But as always when it comes against the Bombers is can our o-line handle their regular starters when it comes to QB pressure.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:42 pm
Rourke looking sharp
Fumble. But you know what? Good. Coming back and scoring is Cinderella stuff. Just get the feel kid.

He looks good. That's all we need for next week.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Wake up defence. Way too too easy
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

DB's looking soft as usual.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Defence has been crap for a while. Bombers confirmed that on first drive
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Hoping the D is just taking it easy. Lol.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

This is the purrfect game for Roark to come back in, nothing on the line for both teams having nothing to lose or win. Playoffs assured.

Roark can get back in the zone by getting as many real time reps as he can, before the Playoffs begin, in is his first action game since August 20.

There’s the always the Bombers defence, but there is no pressure on Roark greater than the pressure he puts on himself.

The ticket is to just have fun being back in the slot, and finding his game legs again!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis