Lions at Argos Oct. 30, 2021

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Larry Key
Hall of Famer

How fitting Reilly messes it up. It's on him.
Alputt
Champion

😢
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Really Reilly?

Thanks Camacho thats 2 losses on your shoulders.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Tough loss. That's three losses that can be attributed in part to missed field goals. 4-7 could have been 7-4.
Rammer
Team Captain

Wow goes the Lion fanbase. 4-2 to 4-7, without a chance on the two point conversion.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well the sooner this season is over, the better. This team is awful.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Should have been a miraculous win thanks to horrendous clock management but Camacho saved the Argos.

Given the standard for our defence they were more than good enough today. Offence did just enough but let down by our brutal kicker
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:17 pm
Well the sooner this season is over, the better. This team is awful.
Agree. I don't care anymore. The problem has been there all season and the Lions haven't addressed that
JohnnyMusso
Champion

In the offseason, Lions did not take the kicking game seriously and did a poor job of recruiting for it. First, the Japanese kicker failed and now Camacho. It has not come back to bit them. Camacho was terrible. No way Lions should have lost that game. The question is with just 3 games left will they just ride it out with him and find a new kicker in the offseason. I did not watch the game for thought it was on at 4 pm, so just caught the last part of it. No question big changes will be coming in the offseason. How deep and far they go who knows? But this team just is not entertaining to watch and you just expect them to lose.
yukonlion
All Star

two points by the offence in the 2nd half isnt good enough, granted the kicker blew it but maybe they could score some touchdowns. I lost count of many bad short throws reilly threw..
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

This is not a bad team. The offence and defence played well enough to win. B.C. had an advantage in yardage and scored more touchdowns. Special teams were the difference. The Argos hit 5 of 5 field goal attempts. The Lions were 0 of 3.
Kamloops Lion
All Star

I am thinking that two-point boondoggle is the fault of both Reilly and his incompetent handpicked OC. Coupled with Camacho’s epic meltdown, this winnable game marks when the Lions missed the playoffs. There are not enough words in the English language to express my frustration. It is beyond belief.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well the kicker is essentially part of tbe offense. 1 miss okay but 3? This game shouldn't have even gotten to overtime despite a marginal offense so yes the kicker screwed the pooch on this and unfortunately it isn't the first time. Kicking has cost us games and basically killed thei season.
Last edited by Sir Purrcival on Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

With better kicking the Lions would have been 7-4 and alone in second place right now.
swervynmerv
Legend

Reilly is not the QB he used to be. Injuries and age catch up with the best of them. Combine that with his stubbornness of wanting to consistently go for the “big throw” and it’s probably time to move on.

Would I bring him back? Maybe but it would be at a significant pay cut with the understanding his role is that of a mentor to Rourke and begin his transition to coaching if he wants it.

I can see him being a successful OC one day.

Dewalt, Printers, Dickinson, Pierce, Lulay and Reilly himself were all young QB’s that we had never really heard of. Everyone needs to start somewhere and in my opinion, it’s time to look at life after Reilly. For many reasons, not all his, the signing didn’t work out.

The Lions have many holes to fill going into next year but grooming the “next one” is imperative.

That and find a bloody kicker that make a 30yd FG🙈🤣