Lions at Bombers Oct. 23, 2021

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Total domination. Rock bottom
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Well the punting was one of the brighter lights of the game...
Rammer
Team Captain

In reality I didn't expect a win nor did I think it would be close. So I am without emotion watching this game play out. At some point that lack of being emotionally attached to the game day experience. Noway you are attracting any new fans coming out of pandemic wiith showings like this.

Love Cotoy, he was the only time the Lions showed anytime of controlling the teeter totter of desire in this game and it only happened when Rourke was the QB. Why did Reilly use Cotoy more than one pass in 3 quarters.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:10 pm
Meanwhile the Canadiens are leading Detroit 5-1 in the 3rd period
Night salvaged.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:38 pm
Well the punting was one of the brighter lights of the game...
Flintoff player of the game
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

I haven't been this embarrassed for a Lions team since the Murray Pezim era.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

First shutout loss since 1970. I blame TheLionKing for bringing up the name of Paul Brothers earlier in this thread. :wink:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Somewhere earlier in the year, I had predicted the Lions were likely a 4th place team. If Edmonton wasn't so abysmal, it would be 5th. A lot of soul searching to be done and possibly people to start polishing their CV's. When was the last time the Lion's were shutout?

A well earned bye for the Bombers. They have been the class of the league this season.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:49 pm
When was the last time the Lion's were shutout?
Oct. 25, 1970 (29-0 at Calgary)
MacNews
Team Captain

Pretty embarrassing showing today. Good talent on paper but coaches and players not showing it on game day.
Is the coaching that bad? We know individually the players have talent.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

I watched basically the whole game till the 3rd down with about a minute left to play. I know Winnipeg is excellent team, but Lions made it too easy for them. Lions are an embarrassment and next up Toronto. I don't think anyone on here thinks they will win. The question is will they get blown out again. Three straight blow out losses. They could very well finish the year 4 and 10 and does Campbell survive. His coaching future has to be in question now. He build this team and they are terrible. And Reilly with the money he is making is not worth the investment. For 2 straight years they have gone cheap in many areas for they spending too much money on Reilly. To bring him back for a 3rd year makes no sense and will he even want to come back after 2 very tough years in a row. The final 4 games are going to be tough to watch. I cannot see them improving much. Someone said they watching game without emotion which is not the case for me. I always have lots of emotion watching my Lions. It was hard to see Winnipeg still celebrating plays after the game was well in doubt. Yes they played a purrfect game, but our Lions helped that a lot but basically not showing up. And why does Campbell gamble on 3rd and 9 instead of kicking a field goal to at least get some points. It was futile. I actually think this team is worse than the Claybrooks team and he lost his job. If I were the owner I would fire Campbell at the end of the season if they finish 4 and 10 or 5 and 9 and continue to play this way with little life. Even Burnham seems to be having a bad year.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:40 pm
In reality I didn't expect a win nor did I think it would be close. So I am without emotion watching this game play out. At some point that lack of being emotionally attached to the game day experience. Noway you are attracting any new fans coming out of pandemic wiith showings like this.

Love Cotoy, he was the only time the Lions showed anytime of controlling the teeter totter of desire in this game and it only happened when Rourke was the QB. Why did Reilly use Cotoy more than one pass in 3 quarters.
He definitely has tunnel vision for Durant and Burnham.
Talent definitely lacking and money spent in wrong places but Campbell in over his head as co-GM, defensive coordinator & head coach in very competitive division with a very inexperienced staff around him
maxlion
Legend

Lions still in the playoff hunt mathematically, but it's hard to see them recovering after three blowout losses in a row.

It will be interesting to see how the new owner addresses this mess in the off season. In a way, we've never had a clean break from the Buono years. Maybe it's time, although the new management cap might complicate that.

I admit that I thought Campbell was a great hire, but it's hard to defend anything about this team right now.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:05 pm
Rammer wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:40 pm

He definitely has tunnel vision for Durant and Burnham.
Talent definitely lacking and money spent in wrong places but Campbell in over his head as co-GM, defensive coordinator & head coach in very competitive division with a very inexperienced staff around him
I have to agree with this. I had misgivings about the multi role hat Campbell was wearing even before the season began but with the ownership issues one could understand why you might not see a lot of clarity from the top. We are seeing a product of that now IMO. I don't know yet if Campbell is a problem but the structure has been bad since the Ackles passing.
I would hope Dolan finally provides some new stability and direction from the top.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

I have been trying to brainstorm who would Doman go to if he wanted advice on what to do with the football operations?

Wally? He has been out of the loop for a while and thought Hervey was the answer 3 years ago. No Bob Ackles to turn to sadly.