2021 Canadian Federal Election Thread

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

WHICH PARTY WILL YOU VOTE FOR IN THE 44th CANADIAN GENERAL ELECTION ON SEPTEMBER 20, 2021?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:26 pm

Liberal (Justin Trudeau)
50%
Conservative (Erin O'Toole)
30%
Bloc Québécois (Yves-François Blanchet)
No votes
New Democratic (Jagmeet Singh)
No votes
Green (Annamie Paul)
20%

Total votes: 10
Robbie
Hall of Famer

In less than two years, another Canadian Federal election has arrived since October 21, 2019 when the Liberals won a minority government. But in a way, it feels like a decade ago since it seems so long ago during pre-Covid-19 times before the world shut down in January 2020.

That said, life goes on and a federal election has been scheduled for September 20, 2021. Which party will you vote for? Has your views changed since October 2019 as a result of all the world changes?

I'd say unlike the 2020 U.S. Presidential election in which Covid-19 response and racism were huge topics of debate, in Canada the main purpose of the election in response to the dissolved Parliament.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well, according to the Liberals, they did this because they are about to embark on some changes that affect the whole (childcare) etc. etc. They probably are hoping to cash in on some of the generally positive press they have gotten about Covid but I don't think that is going to wash very well with a lot of voters. Basically it looks like they think they can do better than a minority gov. or at least have one with a more comfortable margin. They may be right or get a colossal ass whooping. The provincial election in NS was a big boost to the Conservatives but today the latest shoot yourself in the foot moment comes from the Doug Ford version. Fund raising letters that look like a bill with the words "Invoice" printed in broad letters across the top of it with various amounts listed as "please pay".

Man, 1 step this way, turn 180 deg. and one step that way. Who thinks up this kind of stuff? and how in the name of everything holy does it get approved and sent out?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

where is the choice for other.

I bet some would like to vote for Trump
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Corrigan did it and won. Trudeau will do it too
Wear orange or wear nothing
BC 1988
Legend

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:39 pm
Fund raising letters that look like a bill with the words "Invoice" printed in broad letters across the top of it with various amounts listed as "please pay".
Trump did that for years (apparently his followers are/were a lot more devoted than Ford's).
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Anything Trump does should not be a model that gets implemented.
Hazmat
Rookie

PPC Maxime Bernier
Hazmat
Rookie

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:46 pm
Anything Trump does should not be a model that gets implemented.
Lowest black unemployment? Energy independance. No new wars? Lower drug prices? Pulling out of the Paris accord (taxing the air you breathe) Banning transgenders in military (combat effectiveness) The right to try act. Peace deals in the middle east. Lowering the corporate tax to compete with China. Calling out the fake corporate news. Just some off the top of my head

People on this site are really not that well informed
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

You are entitled to your opinion, I mine. I would stick to that as you aren't qualified to speak on what people on this site are informed about.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

This poll might as well be, will the conservatives win a majority, or minority?

Trudeau is losing the election similarly to how Clark lost.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Well, I found the debate to be about 90% hot air, very little substance from anybody.

I think I would favor a liberal partly led by a non Quebec separatist version of the Bloc leader.

Otool and Singh were the worst for talking over each other, and the others. Trudeau a little better.

At times it was like watching a substitute teacher trying to control a herd of high octane kindergarteners.

but hey, at least we can be thankful we dont have a Trump
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Should I be concerned that Blanchet seemed to be the best speaker tonight? Honestly, I would lean towards voting for him if it weren't for that small issue that he doesn't want to be part of Canada. A little tongue in cheek but I really did like his answers generally more than the others.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:27 pm
Should I be concerned that Blanchet seemed to be the best speaker tonight? Honestly, I would lean towards voting for him if it weren't for that small issue that he doesn't want to be part of Canada. A little tongue in cheek but I really did like his answers generally more than the others.
I was think along the same line. For me, purrfect would be a non separatist Quebec first version of Blanchet leading the liberals.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

well, they off and running. I think many expect it to be a photo finish. Probably will. East Coast have the liberals ahead in the first 20 yards. I expect Libs to be ahead at the 2/3 mark. At what point will the Cons catch up during the final third, is my question.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Will Jason Kenny's handling of the pandemic going to hurt the federal Conservatives ?