Dolphins Intro: "Cam Wake, BC Lions"

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

On Sat. night's NFL game between Dolphins and Jets, Cam Wake introduced himself as from the BC Lions. He then went out and had a fumble causing sack, shared another sack, and had an interception as well as several plays where he pressured the QB.

Doug Flutie was one of the colour guys in the broadcast booth and he did an excellent job, imo. At one point he mentioned that Wake had a difficult route to the NFL via the CFL and then Flutie says he loves the guys from the CFL who make it in the NFL. Then one of the other guys in the booth says: (I am paraphrasing here) What does Doug know about Canadian Football? He was only a 6 time MVP.

Very cool.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I bet Flutie is kind of glad Wake wasn't in the CFL when he played. That would've been one heck of a hunter versus hunted matchup.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
South Pender
Legend

Cam Wake has had a terrific season with the Dolphins. I ran across this article nominating him as "NFL comeback player of the year":

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/came ... ard-121816
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Ya gotta love Cam Wake. And B.C. Lions fans do just that. Awesome guy. He must have worn out those Lions' flip flops by now. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
South Pender
Legend