Stamps vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Showdown at BC Place. Battle for 1st place. Winner takes the season series. Levy Adcock makes his debut as a Lion. Craig Roh returns to the lineup to help bolster the defensive line.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

As big as gets for mid-August but Wally putting into perspective too by not rushing back his top d-lineman and using the game for Adcock's season debut.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions can't fly under the radar any more. Oddsmakers say they're 3 or 3.5-point favourites in this game and they're co-favourites with Calgary to win the Grey Cup at 4/1 odds. Even ex-Lion Josh Bell of the Stamps says the Lions are the team to beat. May the better team win. Go Lions!
maxlion
Legend

“We play a very fast, very aggressive, very exciting brand of football,” Buono said Thursday. “We’re not boring. You’ve got to be explosive on all different facets.”

The Lions, who have scored 40, 41, 38 and 45 points in their past four starts, are at the vanguard of an offensive explosion in the CFL — even if, as Buono says, he “might be the only coach in the world who doesn’t wear a headset.

http://theprovince.com/sports/football/ ... oring-team
I was thinking about this today--what a change this year has been over the last two years. It's not only winning, this Lions team is exciting and fun to watch. If I had to narrow down the causes, I would say:

1. Jennings. Glenn, Beck and 2015 Lulay just couldn't cut it. Jennings is the real deal.
2. Wally. The team has its mojo working.
3. CFL rules. Passing and offense back in fashion big time.

Can't wait for Friday's tilt. Could be a classic...but you never know!
Blitz
Team Captain

maxlion wrote:
“We play a very fast, very aggressive, very exciting brand of football,” Buono said Thursday. “We’re not boring. You’ve got to be explosive on all different facets.”

The Lions, who have scored 40, 41, 38 and 45 points in their past four starts, are at the vanguard of an offensive explosion in the CFL — even if, as Buono says, he “might be the only coach in the world who doesn’t wear a headset.

http://theprovince.com/sports/football/ ... oring-team
I was thinking about this today--what a change this year has been over the last two years. It's not only winning, this Lions team is exciting and fun to watch. If I had to narrow down the causes, I would say:

1. Jennings. Glenn, Beck and 2015 Lulay just couldn't cut it. Jennings is the real deal.
2. Wally. The team has its mojo working.
3. CFL rules. Passing and offense back in fashion big time.

Can't wait for Friday's tilt. Could be a classic...but you never know!
I completely agree that Jennings has been the key so far this season. Take him out of the equation and the results would be different.

In terms of Wally, obviously his record, reputation, presence expectation have been very important. But Buono has also allowed Washington and Khari Jones a lot of latitude in terms of scheme and play calling. While Washington had been average or a little above before his season and Khari Jones had been average at best in his first tilt at the OC job, both have improved greatly scheme wise and play calling wise this season. Special teams coaching has also improved too.

In terms of offence, we have a lot of good quarterbacks in the league right now and a lot of good recievers too. But the two best running teams (Calgary, B,C.) are the two best offences in the CFL in scoring....so a good run game is important for offensive balance or keeping the defense off balance.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Contacting the receiver gives the Stamps a first down
Bobbyp
Champion

Calgary made minced meat out of the defence that first drive.
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
swervynmerv
Legend

Is the Lions brand so bad right now that a Ist place show down has so few people attending? Wow, looks terrible on tv!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions respond with a field goal
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

2 and out Stampeders
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

If we are all going to sit back in our zones and watch the Bo Levy Mitchell show tonight, then we might as well through in the towel
because their bringing the house tonight and so should we do the same!!!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Runs the purrfect rout and old Many!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Crucial drop by Manny
almo89
Legend

Jennings threads the needle and Manny drops it
TheLionKing