CFL Pick'em & TSN Fantasy

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

VICIOUSCIRCLE
All Star

Hey who out there is playing either of the above?
Qman
Champion

TSN fantasy, maybe pick'em

we should set up a lionbackers league for tsn fantasy
Dusty
Champion

I play TSN Fantasy.... CFL Pick'em is too complicated for my little mind...
D
Team Captain

Qman wrote:TSN fantasy, maybe pick'em

we should set up a lionbackers league for tsn fantasy
Done ... The group is called Lionbackers and its public so no password required

Link to tsn cal fantasy football
https://fantasy.tsn.ca/
Good luck everyone :beer:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
CardiacKid
Legend

I have played TSN Fantasy in the past but really got frustrated with how they priced some players; you would have $1,000,000 to play with for each week but the best players were often priced at $300,000+. So if you picked Andrew Harris at $300,000 you had to pick your remaining 6 with $700,000; it often meant you had to pick 1 or 2 complete duffers.
But it looks like they have reduced the highest $ amounts for the best or at least, potentially best players. So I will give it another try this year.
Qman
Champion

CardiacKid wrote:I have played TSN Fantasy in the past but really got frustrated with how they priced some players; you would have $1,000,000 to play with for each week but the best players were often priced at $300,000+. So if you picked Andrew Harris at $300,000 you had to pick your remaining 6 with $700,000; it often meant you had to pick 1 or 2 complete duffers.
But it looks like they have reduced the highest $ amounts for the best or at least, potentially best players. So I will give it another try this year.
thats the skill involved, knowledge of the league and price vs value
ps: never ever picked andrew harris ... always overpriced
CardiacKid
Legend

Anyone who picked a player from the Stamps -Bomber game on Friday may want to check TSN Fantasy Football, they gave us all big fat goose-eggs. Regardless of how well they did....
Hope they fix that; otherwise I just got screwed out 25+ points.
Qman
Champion

CardiacKid wrote:Anyone who picked a player from the Stamps -Bomber game on Friday may want to check TSN Fantasy Football, they gave us all big fat goose-eggs. Regardless of how well they did....
Hope they fix that; otherwise I just got screwed out 25+ points.
usually they fix it a week later
Qman
Champion

Qman wrote:
CardiacKid wrote:I have played TSN Fantasy in the past but really got frustrated with how they priced some players; you would have $1,000,000 to play with for each week but the best players were often priced at $300,000+. So if you picked Andrew Harris at $300,000 you had to pick your remaining 6 with $700,000; it often meant you had to pick 1 or 2 complete duffers.
thats the skill involved, knowledge of the league and price vs value
ps: never ever picked andrew harris ... always overpriced
I should also mention that you can play the free games on Draft Kings in addition to TSN. More parity in the values. Similar format to TSN except its weekly or daily. No kicker, you get an extra flex player. Also, return yards/TDs count, so makes dual threat players very valuable than TSN
caobax
Rookie

================================================================================================================ CFL Pick'em & TSN Fantasy
Unread postby Qman » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Qman wrote:
CardiacKid wrote:
I have played TSN Fantasy in the past but really got frustrated with how they priced some players; you would have $1,000,000 to play with for each week but the best players were often priced at $300,000+.
More parity in the values. Similar format to TSN except its weekly or daily. ==============================================================================================

Picking the champions in the CFL, CIS, or NCAA is no easy side-bet unless you are in it with each athletic director, minus the CFL. Way back in the 19—‘s you had a chance. ‘Since 2016, is there parity?’ Look at the NCAA for instance, the game is becoming more technical and scientific. Remember all the scientific magicians who are currently being exposed on cable television. Illustrations of all their (magicians) trapped delays are technically discovered.
Outside of an N.H.L. slapshot, how many times do you hear of safeties lining up, head up to the outside or inside of a tightened two yards off the pigskin, minus the goal line?
CardiacKid
Legend

Ok....based on the results of tonight's game, I am personally boycotting any and all Hamilton Tiger-Cat players from my fantasy picks for the rest of the year. And I will not be picking the TiCats to be winners of any games in CFL Pickem.....at least until Collaros returns and plays a couple of games. I might be more rational by then.

There are no locks this year.
Alputt
Champion

0 for 2 so far this week. Grumble.
maxlion
Legend

Argos play twice this week and both games will count for TSN Fantasy. Seems like a good week to pick some Argo players!