Free Agent Signings

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

With John White re-signed in Edmonton, another Eskimo free-agent RB, Kendial Lawrence, has followed HC Chris Jones to Saskatchewan.
Drew Edwards ‏@scratchingpost
#Riders announce the signing of RB/KR Kendial Lawrence. #Esks #CFLFA #CFL
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Been a quiet day so far. Only team that has made some moves is the Rough Riders signing 4 players. By the end of the day, there should be some more moves by teams, with BC hopefully being one. I like to see 1 or 2 more guys signed.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

J.C. Sherritt has re-signed in Edmonton. I'm somewhat surprised he didn't follow Chris Jones to Saskatchewan.
Scott MitchellVerified account
‏@ScottMitchellPM
JC Sherritt re-signs with Edmonton Eskimos. #CFLFA
aklawitter
All Star

no surprise re: sherritt

would have been a massive coup for the Riders if they had been able to sign the one player available that can stand equal to SolE
CardiacKid
Legend

Apparently the Riders will be signing Cappiocotti.....busy day for them.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Riders acquire OL Bruce Campbell in trade with Toronto

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/02/10/riders-sig ... -lawrence/

Argos have 8 picks in this year's draft.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Disappointing Cappiocotti went to the Riders and not BC, but no surprise. Riders likely offered more money and Riders likely to be most improved team this year. BC will be in tough to make the playoffs, for Bombers are much improved too.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

For this Lions' fan it is very disappointing that Cappiciotti will not be signing with us.

No proof in the pudding yet, but one thinks Jones might be building a very, very good team in Regina.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
CardiacKid
Legend

JohnnyMusso wrote:Disappointing Cappiocotti went to the Riders and not BC, but no surprise. Riders likely offered more money and Riders likely to be most improved team this year. BC will be in tough to make the playoffs, for Bombers are much improved too.
Hopefully Wally is still working at getting a defensive end despite loosing out on Capicciotti. Tristan Okpaulago had very solid stats last year and has good hustle, a total gamer. I was very impressed with his play last year, particularly his hustle as pursues the play all over the field.

But a DE is a must! Maybe Kristian Covington is interested in coming home? One can wish.....
The_Pauser
Legend

I guess we got our runningback. BC signs Jeremiah Johnson.
Roar you Lions roar!
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

CardiacKid wrote:
JohnnyMusso wrote:Disappointing Cappiocotti went to the Riders and not BC, but no surprise. Riders likely offered more money and Riders likely to be most improved team this year. BC will be in tough to make the playoffs, for Bombers are much improved too.
Hopefully Wally is still working at getting a defensive end despite loosing out on Capicciotti. Tristan Okpaulago had very solid stats last year and has good hustle, a total gamer. I was very impressed with his play last year, particularly his hustle as pursues the play all over the field.

But a DE is a must! Maybe Kristian Covington is interested in coming home? One can wish.....
The Lions will be under new ownership and Buono will be retired before Covington is interested in coming home for anything other than an offseason visit.

As a rotational rookie he played in 15 out of 16 games recording 8 tackles and 2 sacks. He may wind up in the CFL but I wouldn't count on that happening for 6 or 7 years. Could be another Vaughn Martin finally coming back home when he's 30.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
CardiacKid
Legend

Hambone wrote:
CardiacKid wrote:

The Lions will be under new ownership and Buono will be retired before Covington is interested in coming home for anything other than an offseason visit.

As a rotational rookie he played in 15 out of 16 games recording 8 tackles and 2 sacks. He may wind up in the CFL but I wouldn't count on that happening for 6 or 7 years. Could be another Vaughn Martin finally coming back home when he's 30.
I will keep wishing....maybe he will play for us when he is 29 ;)
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

CardiacKid wrote: I will keep wishing....maybe he will play for us when he is 29 ;)
Atta boy. Keep that glass half full!!!!! :wink:
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Don Miller
Legend

:rockin: I think so far the Lions have done well upgrading the db position and running back. We also have a OLineman that played pretty well for Sask. Hopefully a rush end is in the mix as well. I bet Sask and the peg go over the SC
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show