Lions add seven to practice roster, release two

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The annual practice roster window has opened following the NFL cutdown period, allowing teams to temporarily expand practice rosters to 15 from 10. The Lions have added seven players to the practice roster and released two, including DT Jamarkus McFarland, who dressed for one game.
2015-10-06

Add QB Connor Halliday (I), DL Dontay Moch (I), DL Lazarius ‘Pep’ Levingston (I), WR Rasheed Bailey (I), DB Brandon Smith (I), RB Tim Flanders (I) and OL Jas Dhillon (N) to Practice Roster

Release DL Jamarkus McFarland (I) and RB LaVance Taylor (I)
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Connor Halliday? Interesting, considering that he declared that he had retired from football after it appeared that he would not recover sufficiently from the nasty broken leg he suffered last November to allow him to effectively pursue a professional career.

Maybe he has rehabbed to the point that he thinks he can take another crack at it. He can fling it, that's for sure.
peeby
Starter

The Jamarkus curse!!! Wonder if he'll be picked up by another team?
Qman
Champion

fyi

Lowell Ullrich ‏@FifthQtr 1h1 hour ago
Further to release of DT @Jmcfarland97 by #BCLions he practiced today in Winnipeg and as such could start against BC Sat #CFL More: #TSN1040
2 retweets 0 favorites
pennw
Legend

peeby wrote:The Jamarkus curse!!! Wonder if he'll be picked up by another team?
He only played one game for us . He was good at stoping the run but pretty much useless rushing the passer , far too slow . In the game he played ,Calgary, we got Zero sacks and no pressure on the QB . There is no curse , we kept the best DL we had . Minter is a good run stopper too , but also pretty slow and not much of a pass rusher . The Calgary game our Dline played their best game run stopping with Minter And McFarland inside , but also their worst pass rushing game . The Brooks-Minter Tandem has been about our best combo with Minter being good stooping the RB and Brooks applying pressure . the guy we let go who may have been good was Andre Munro who got scooped by the Riders and looks pretty good over there .

BTW the other Jamarkus who played for us last year did play for the Riders on Saturday and did NOT have a good game against us . He had at least one penalty for holding Khreem Smith and had his hands full most of the time with our Dline .
InUrFace
Rookie

Lions4ever wrote:Connor Halliday? Interesting, considering that he declared that he had retired from football after it appeared that he would not recover sufficiently from the nasty broken leg he suffered last November to allow him to effectively pursue a professional career.

Maybe he has rehabbed to the point that he thinks he can take another crack at it. He can fling it, that's for sure.
Link to QB C.H.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -to-retire
pennw
Legend

A write up on one of the new recruits courtesy of the Seattle Seahawks . That's 2 former Seahawks DL on the roster now.

http://seahawknationblog.com/2011/07/a- ... evingston/
CardiacKid
Legend

Hunter Steward is also back in the mix as CFL.Ca is reporting he is off the injured list.

BC ADD FROM INJURED NAT Hunter STEWARD (OL) Liberty - Removed from 6-game Injured List

Oddly enough the Lions website is not showing this particular transaction....
Rodu
Champion

Steward reminds me of HamisterReis, often injured, but when he's healthy and playing look out
InUrFace
Rookie

CardiacKid wrote:Hunter Steward is also back in the mix as CFL.Ca is reporting he is off the injured list.

BC ADD FROM INJURED NAT Hunter STEWARD (OL) Liberty - Removed from 6-game Injured List

Oddly enough the Lions website is not showing this particular transaction....
Love what he says here sounds versatile and thats what we need. “You have a lot of guys who can only play on the left side of the line, or the right side of the line,” Levingston said. “For me, it doesn’t really matter. I can play all across, with my left or right hand down. Wherever a team sees me there, I’m all for it. I’m all just for making a team better any way I can.”