Kicking Woes

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

aklawitter
All Star

What is going on? Hajrullahu and Leone absolutely shanking routine kicks, kickoffs going nowhere :dizzy: :tp: :clown: :bang:

I suspect Fera will get a long look this week, but looks like Winnipeg is going to provide competition to parachuting in another kicker...

If Fera gets activated off the PR, who goes on?
potbelly
Rookie

aklawitter wrote:What is going on? Hajrullahu and Leone absolutely shanking routine kicks, kickoffs going nowhere :dizzy: :tp: :clown: :bang:

I suspect Fera will get a long look this week, but looks like Winnipeg is going to provide competition to parachuting in another kicker...

If Fera gets activated off the PR, who goes on?
I highly doubt they are looking at Fera. I also don't think its even close to compare Hajrullahu to Leone. A few missed kicks here and there hardly warrant benching one of players for BC that has been the most consistent this year. Short of that for the most part he has been clutch! Seems a bit left field if you ask me.
maxlion
Legend

I've been a big fan of Leone since he came in this year, but he has been struggling. His gaffes were a big factor in the loss to Edmonton and yesterday was a gong show. He's young and I think it would serve him well to watch for a game or two .However, from a practical standpoint, this might be impossible as he wouldn't last on the PR and I don't think we can afford to carry 2 kickers. Hopefully he can settle down and get back to the form he showed earlier in the year.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Don't forget Leone is a natural punter who has recently added place kicking to his repertoire. On the job learning.
pennw
Legend

One of the misses was partially blocked , not his fault . Nor was the blocked punt on him . After watching the recording of the game ,it looked much better then it appeared at the stadium . The guy has been great most of the season , the one area where BC consistently has been better at then their opponents and people want him benched for 2 sub-par games .Macallum missed one yesterday too and Leone probably has about a 10 yd average advantage over Macallum on punts .
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote: Macallum missed one yesterday too and Leone probably has about a 10 yd average advantage over Macallum on punts .
He might have the advantage if McCallum was punting. I recall it was someone else doing the punting.
pennw
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
pennw wrote: Macallum missed one yesterday too and Leone probably has about a 10 yd average advantage over Macallum on punts .
He might have the advantage if McCallum was punting. I recall it was someone else doing the punting.
When he was playing for us he did the punting , my comment is in reference to having let PM go in favour of Leone , not comparing to the Riders . They are using 2 roster spots to our one , advantage BC .