B.C. Lions at Calgary Sept. 18 - Game Day thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Alputt
Champion

A good New West boy! Dammit!!!!! Nobody could make the tackle? Good effort Cornish.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

No matter the flag for Cgy, Cornish carries it 16yds for the major on his biggest carry of the night. 35-21 Cgy after the Paredes convert.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
almo89
Legend

The play that really killed us was Philips not making the tackle on 2nd down.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Turnovers the difference in the game
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Now 16 Calgary points off turnovers as the Stamps take a 14-point lead.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

do we have faith that the coaches can settle down the young qb and take it one play at a time but still give him decent plays....

I'm not it was n't harris again like last week messing up the fumble.... the back has to know the feel of the ball and hands... on that play. that's not a tough read for any back even in hs.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Alputt
Champion

OK we may lose this game... I still have hope... but honestly at this point I thought it would be a blowout... In the second half seems all sides of BC have turned in better effort and I have hope and respect for these Lions again!

Calgary is a good football team. The turnaround since Jennings and Harris took the controls is remarkable... and gives me both hope and a reason to care.

Go Lions!
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Turnovers the difference in the game
Yep. And let's not let Rainey's success mask our offensive inefficiencies tonight. Jennings has created some positive yards and some energy but only has that FG at the end of Q2 to show for it.

Maybe I spoke too soon just before that big Hawkins gainer nearing the red zone.

Or not. Another TO. Keon Raymond picks it off in goal.
Last edited by sj-roc on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rookie mistake throwing it into double coverage
Alputt
Champion

And I always had faith in Hawkins! But that was a bad throw Jennings... But this is how we build!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

That looked like pass inferference by Smith in the end zone on the pick.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Yell should have had that pick
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Yell misses the pick opportunity.
randymeeks
Legend

No way this game should be close. More proof of why this Lions team sucks
"I have social skills, jackass!"
-Malcolm (Malcolm In The Middle)
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

get a hair cut and catch that wtf HOw can he get his head up with that long trailer...

maybe we need a phone call to WCB as that's a workplace hazard and impediment to a simple INT that the team might be able to use.

But errors on jennings part aside.. he should have had a lot more time early on as that was just plain ugly lion football and the fans won't pay for that.
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy