Rating the teams after Week 5 -- July 26, 2015

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

As many feel, the win/loss record is probably the best assessment of a team's strength.

Edmonton ... Is Chris Jones for real? Yes. I had not expected much from Ed Hervey, but his most important decision was a home run -- hiring Chris Jones. He is like a rat in hockey. Other teams and fans hate him, but I expect his team loves him. OK, maybe not, but his players will absolutely play hard for him. And his plans are thoroughly clear.

Toronto ... No home. No QB named Ricky Ray. Coaches taking higher paid jobs. No matter. Scott Milanovich keeps his team winning. Solid O. Tough D.

Calgary ... The champions are not about to disappear, but they look vulnerable. Having to rebuild the O Line. Losing Cornish. No matter. I expect they will challenge Edmonton for 1st in the West.

Ottawa ... Has the 3 wins. Rick Campbell has done much better than I expected.

Hamilton ... IMO Kent Austin is as good as it gets in the CFL. Will there be a burnout factor for his team or for himself? Dunno ...

Montreal ... It seems to me their pressure defence is much more effective than what we run.

B.C. ... O has potential, depending on the performance of Travis Lulay. OL light years improved from the previous regime. Defence a concern to this fan.

Winnipeg ... Hmmm ... Drew Willy out and they collapse vs the Eskimos. O? D?

Saskatchewan ... O still putting up stats. D not seeming to stop anybody.

Just for discussion. Hardly a ranking.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Standings ...
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Riders seem to be the free space on the CFL bingo card in the early season. So just for fun, here is ranking of teams based on their records, excluding games against Saskatchewan:

Edmonton 3-1
Calgary 3-2
Ottawa 3-2
Toronto 2-1
Montreal 2-2
Hamilton 1-2
Winnipeg 1-3
B.C. 0-2
Saskatchewan 0-5
MexicoLionFan
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:The Riders seem to be the free space on the CFL bingo card in the early season. So just for fun, here is ranking of teams based on their records, excluding games against Saskatchewan:

Edmonton 3-1
Calgary 3-2
Ottawa 3-2
Toronto 2-1
Montreal 2-2
Hamilton 1-2
Winnipeg 1-3
B.C. 0-2
Saskatchewan 0-5

A good idea...and why I suggest that the Lions are fortunate to be at 2-2 with all of the change and roster issues.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein