Grey Cup Tickets

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

hwgill
Legend

I've got two tickets that I'd like to sell. Section 243 Row A Seats 1 & 2. With the Lions out, id rather watch at home.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
Big Time
Champion

By checking on Craigslist, you're not alone. There are a lot of tickets available there. And I mean A LOT.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I've got 3 on the 50 yard line available at cost.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I will be staying in my truck camper with my dog probably starting Friday and then sitting on the 50 yard line 1st row upper deck. There won't be another GC in Vancouver again for a lot of years, so might as well enjoy this one.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I'll be in attendance for my 32nd consecutive Grey Cup.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Big Time wrote:By checking on Craigslist, you're not alone. There are a lot of tickets available there. And I mean A LOT.
337 and counting on craigs list.

I have another pair for sale. 350 or best offer. Thnx. Bb
Wear orange or wear nothing
jwbavalon
Rookie

I agree with DanoT, "There won't be another GC in Vancouver again for a lot of years, so might as well enjoy this one". I'm going out to support the CFL and make lots of noise.

Go Lions Go.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Grey Cups are amazing events. We've been lucky that the Lions have appeared in two of the last four Cups at B.C. Place. The other two games (Hamilton's last Cup win over Buono and Dickenson's Stampeders in 1999 and Edmonton's OT thriller over Montreal in 2005) were great experiences, on the field and in the stands. I probably won't attend the festival events but I'll be at the game.
ballhawk
Legend

I have my 2 tickets and won't be missing the game; as in 2005 and 2011. Too good to miss.

Go Lions Go (2015)
"the 1996 season was a very difficult period... I couldn't imagine telling people that I was part of the last days of the CFL... it seemed that there would be no end to the continuous stream of catastrophic problems... it was like living in a toxic fishbowl... if they had known how serious the situation was, but we couldn't make it public, for fear of a total meltdown". (from Bigger Balls, The CFL and Overcoming the Canadian Inferiority Complex, by Jeff Giles)
ballhawk
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:Grey Cups are amazing events. We've been lucky that the Lions have appeared in two of the last four Cups at B.C. Place. The other two games (Hamilton's last Cup win over Buono and Dickenson's Stampeders in 1999 and Edmonton's OT thriller over Montreal in 2005) were great experiences, on the field and in the stands. I probably won't attend the festival events but I'll be at the game.
So true B.C.Fan, we are indeed lucky and fortunate. In fact since 1983, the Grey Cup has been hosted at BC Place 9 times (2014, 2011, 2005, 1999, 1994, 1990, 1987, 1986, and 1983). The Lions appeared as the home team in those championship games 3 times (2011, 1994, and 1983). But even more impressive, the Lions have represented British Columbia and the West since that time 8 times (2011, 2006, 2004, 2000, 1994, 1988, 1985, and 1983), having won 5 Grey Cups (2011, 2006, 2000, 1994, and 1985).

The 1983 game was exciting and played at the new BC Place Stadium in front of over 59,000 fans. Unfortunately, the Lions lost by 1 point. The 1987 and 1986 games were sell-outs, even though they were played in back-to-back years and the Lions were not represented (interestingly, the Lions played in the big game in 1985 and 1988). Sadly, the 3 Cups held at BC Place in the 90's were held before less than sell-out crowds (even with the Lions in the final in 1994). It's too bad that so many people turned off the CFL in those years because, IMO, they missed an era of the greatest offensive shows ever seen with QBs like Flutie, Allen, Hamm, Burgess, and Austin.

As we know, the 2005 and 2011 games were sell-outs. At any rate, and in spite of all the negativity on this Forum, as an optimist and supporter of the Lions team and organization, I expect the 2014 game will be a sell-out.
"the 1996 season was a very difficult period... I couldn't imagine telling people that I was part of the last days of the CFL... it seemed that there would be no end to the continuous stream of catastrophic problems... it was like living in a toxic fishbowl... if they had known how serious the situation was, but we couldn't make it public, for fear of a total meltdown". (from Bigger Balls, The CFL and Overcoming the Canadian Inferiority Complex, by Jeff Giles)
notahomer
Hall of Famer

My first volunteered at my first Grey Cup. I was in grade twelve and had heard there were FREE tickets to people willing to volunteer at the big game. So, I did and we were part of the halftime show. Lots of fun!

Later that same week my highschool got a ton of free tickets. I could have gotten one but since I had already committed to particpating in the halftime show, I did that instead.

It was an awesome second half. IIRC, the two teams were the Eskimos and the Argos. The Giz took a missed field goal back for a TD! At the time I was so blown away that I got to participate and BE ON THE ACTUAL FIELD the Grey Cup game was being played on.
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:My first volunteered at my first Grey Cup. I was in grade twelve and had heard there were FREE tickets to people willing to volunteer at the big game. So, I did and we were part of the halftime show. Lots of fun!

Later that same week my highschool got a ton of free tickets. I could have gotten one but since I had already committed to particpating in the halftime show, I did that instead.

It was an awesome second half. IIRC, the two teams were the Eskimos and the Argos. The Giz took a missed field goal back for a TD! At the time I was so blown away that I got to participate and BE ON THE ACTUAL FIELD the Grey Cup game was being played on.
That 1987 Grey Cup still gets my vote as the most exciting of all time. The fact it was played here probably makes it more special than a few great games that were played in Toronto. I've probably watched Gizmo's MFG return a dozen times.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Volunteers for this year's Grey Cup are invited to a viewing party at the Roundhouse on game day.
Ravi
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
notahomer wrote:My first volunteered at my first Grey Cup. I was in grade twelve and had heard there were FREE tickets to people willing to volunteer at the big game. So, I did and we were part of the halftime show. Lots of fun!

That 1987 Grey Cup still gets my vote as the most exciting of all time. The fact it was played here probably makes it more special than a few great games that were played in Toronto. I've probably watched Gizmo's MFG return a dozen times.
I know Rider fans won't agree but the Toronto/Edmonton Grey Cup of 1987 was the most exciting and entertaining Grey Cup ever IMO and better than the '89 game. There were several lead changes in the fourth quarter alone of the '87 game but what made it better than the '89 game is that we saw big plays on offence, defence and special teams in '87 whereas the '89 game was really all about the offences.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

GC ticket push is on now by Ti-Cat fans jumping on board. I went in to check Ticketmaster after the EDF ended. They have turned the "select by map" off due to heavy demand. Have to do it the old-fashioned way selecting "Best Available".
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.