Argos vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cromartie
Hall of Famer

swervynmerv wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Benevides walking up and down the sidelines clapping his hands trying to rally his troops. Perhsps a better game plan might help
My opinion is that players have tuned him out, much like the Kavis Reed Show ran it's course, Benny is one if those coaches who's act is a short one.
Ritchie had a short shelf life too. People forget that.
swervynmerv
Legend

cromartie wrote:
swervynmerv wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Benevides walking up and down the sidelines clapping his hands trying to rally his troops. Perhsps a better game plan might help
My opinion is that players have tuned him out, much like the Kavis Reed Show ran it's course, Benny is one if those coaches who's act is a short one.
Ritchie had a short shelf life too. People forget that.
True, but he won us a cup! Under Benny's leadership we have lost the West Final at home, lost last years WDSF and this year we look like another quick out in the playoffs, if we make it.

We have regressed every year if his coaching, yet Wally gives him an extension before it was even necessary!
cromartie
Hall of Famer

*facepalm*

If you'd like some indication of why Logan is no longer in the NFL....there you go.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

A big play nullified by another penalty
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Well, that only took three plus quarters to catch a break from the officiating.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Totally frustrating watching Glenn dropping back to pass
cromartie
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Totally frustrating watching Glenn dropping back to pass
Down 20, the Argos are just pass rushing without regard for the run. So it's an unpleasant watch from here on out.
swervynmerv
Legend

You are down by 21 points and Glenn is one hit away from being added to the injury list. Would it not make sense to give John Beck a couple series to see what he can do Benny?
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Wow, never would have said this but this years offence is really turning me away from this crap show called the BC Lions. Turned the TV off done with it.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Larry Key wrote:Wow, never would have said this but this years offence is really turning me away from this crap show called the BC Lions. Turned the TV off done with it.
I know you won't believe this, but it's actually a better gameplan than in a lot of previous weeks (including last week). It's just the execution that's lacking tonight.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Cro, I'm not a Glenn fan. Never was. A career backup and we are seeing why. It was a fluke last season with the Stamps. I could play QB behind a line like the Stamps. LOL. Glenn is a total bore to watch. No flash.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Larry Key wrote:Cro, I'm not a Glenn fan. Never was. A career backup and we are seeing why. It was a fluke last season with the Stamps. I could play QB behind a line like the Stamps. LOL. Glenn is a total bore to watch. No flash.
I don't love him either, but he's the best of what's around. Has his limitations. We've had worse under centre.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Why is the Lions taking a timeout when there is an Argo injured on the play ?
cromartie
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Why is the Lions taking a timeout when there is an Argo injured on the play ?
1) You need all the plays you can get, being down 17.
2) Use it or lose it. You can only take one inside of three minutes.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Too little too late